Chapter XXXX

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶  Attentive       ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

At'anau awaited her siblings and their friends at the shore as her father made his first call to the science men, explaining them everything the girl had told him. 

At'anau had winded down all the gear the Tsurak she had brought her sister on. Relieved she didn't receive a handful for mounting the animal in the emergency, but accepting this would be the last time and her focus needed to be on the island expect in the clouds and the ikran. 

Her Ikran would have to stay unaccompanied in the air for a while now. 

Tonowari watched, between the panicked family who was focused on the other daughter, the girl tie the bindings she had crafted herself around in her hands as she watched the animal part away in the waters. 

She was done doing things behind her parents and the clan's back just because she allowed herself to do so and decided to do things the Na'vi's slow and steady authentic way if it meant she was going to be taken genuine. 

Not too long after the siblings and their friends showed up at their assigned homes and answered the questions on where they had been and what had happened. 

After checking on the unconscious girl who was breathing and fast asleep they all rested themselves. 

At'anau cleaning herself up with the water of the sea beneath her and washing away the distress of that day visible on her face. 

"Be mad at me all you want, sister."

The girl stopped her movements for a second as the voice behind her came unexpected. 

The boy couldn't continue another day with the distance between the two of them growing as he remembered the feeling of the thought of never finding her on her feet again. 

"I was only trying to look out for you." Neteyam watched his sister's back as she was crouched down and hesitated before copying her stance. 

"I had no idea what had happened, wh- 

"I get it." the girl interrupted, nodded, tasting the water from her bottom lip she put between her teeth as her eyes only looked on the sand her brother stood on before she shrugged a shoulder. "It's done." she shook her head. 

At'anau let the droplets caress her face as the wind cooled her down before she stood up from her position, tapped the back of her brother's shoulder as she passed him back to their marui pod without another word.

Neteyam stayed in the place for another beat before following behind her, not as satisfied as he'd hoped he was, but letting sand cover the issue as the wind breezed. 

In the early morning Norm and Max made it to the island. The sound of propellers of the aircraft signalling they were close making the people cluster together to watch the sight.

When the plane came in view they all awaited the plane on the sands, Jake guiding the shuttle to were it could land. Everyone covering their face as the sand flew around in the air the closer the vehicle got to the ground. 

Neteyam did as his father asked and kept the people at a distance as they all curiously watched. 

Norm stepped on the warm sand in his Avatar form and greeted Jake who reached him first.