Chapter 4

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MARIJUANA USE. READER DISCRETION ADVISED

Lauren's POV
            Lauren was laying on the bed, still slightly spinning in her post-coital haze. Camila was amazing, in bed and in every other aspect. She literally just made Lauren come twice in a row and then to top it all off, was downstairs making her a sandwich. She must've done something truly incredible in her past life to deserve someone like Camila in this one. And she had experienced the magic that was Camila every single day for thirteen years. She still remembered the first time they ever said 'I love you' to each other, back when they were fourteen.

****FLASHBACK****

            Lauren was nervous. It was their six month anniversary. And Lauren was about to say the big three words. She was ready, so ready to the point where she practiced saying it in the mirror. It wasn't exactly hard though, she was sure of her feelings. She knew since they were ten or eleven, back when Camila used to wear butterfly earrings and still used a nightlight. Granted, they had come a long way. They were in high school now, and the only gay couple in their school. That fact never bothered her though, she was comfortable with her sexuality and told her parents right away. They had always thought Camila was the one for her, and even helped her come up with her great idea.

            She was working at a mini-golf place a few hours a week just to keep some money in her pocket. In the course, there was a really big castle that had about three different putt-putt holes in it. But only the cool employees knew that there was a secret door that led up to the top of the castle, where there was a perfect view of the sky and the beach two streets over. From up there, she could smell the ocean and hear the waves, and Camila loved the beach and the sky, so she thought it would be a cool place that they could call their own.

            Camila got dropped off by her mom, stating that she would spend the night at Lauren's if her parents were okay with it. They were, and she covered Camila's eyes as she led them up to the spot above the castle. When she pulled her hands away, Camila gasped.

            "Happy 6 month anniversary."

            "Lolo! It's so pretty up here!"

            "Not as pretty as you Camz," she said and Camila blushed. Together, they sat back on their hands, leaning into each other, and watched the stars. Well, Camila watched the stars and Lauren watched her girlfriend. "Camz, I have to tell you something."

            She saw the slight panic flash across the big brown eyes and she gently rubbed her hand to assure her. "What is it, Lolo?"

            "I...I love you," she finally said and it felt like a huge weight lifted off her chest. But Camila didn't say anything back, she just stared at her, wide eyed. And then she was the one panicking. She always thought it would be fine if the younger girl didn't feel the same, but it hurt a hell of a lot more when it actually happened.

            "I love you too," she said smiling, and leaned to kiss her. They kissed, and Lauren felt the familiar butterflies that came from any kind of contact with the other brunette. She knew right then and there, that she would love this girl forever.

****END FLASHBACK****

She smiled at the memory. She had been so nervous to say something she felt for so long, only to have all that worrying be for nothing. Camila loved her back. She always did, and thirteen years later they were still just as much in love. She started thinking about the ways their relationship got more complex as they got older. Camila attended every single one of Lauren's softball games all throughout high school, always holding up the same bright pink sign that said, '#10 has my heart!' And whenever Lauren hit a home run she'd point at her girl before making her way around the bases.