Chapter 15

Lauren's POV

Lauren was sleeping comfortably on her stomach when she felt something probing at her lips. She brushed it away with a quick movement of her fingers but the object stayed against her mouth. She cracked her eyes open and there was her wife's bright and smiling face holding a plastic travel cup. She opened her eyes a little wider and saw that the straw from the cup is what was prodding the space between her lips.

"Camila, what the hell," she groaned and turned to face the other direction.

"Good morning babe. Rise and shine."

"Go away," she grumbled.

"Honestly Lauren, all these years you always had to wake up earlier than me and you're still not a morning person."

"Camz, it's my day off. Leave me alone."

"I don't want to. I've already been up for an hour and now I'm bored." She raised her hand, blindly showed her middle finger to wherever she thought Camila was, and reburied herself into her sheets. "Well that's just rude."

For a second she thought Camila was gone because she heard the door shut and she happily sighed. Don't get her wrong, she loved Camila with all of her heart. But she would be lying if she said she wanted to give up sleep to spend time with her. They spent majority of their time together, surely Camila would be alright if she wanted to sleep for a bit longer. But, she also should've known that with a wife like Camila, the peace would only be short lived.

Next thing she knew, she heard a quick patter of footsteps and then a heavy weight dropped onto her back. It giggled profusely and settled itself on top of her. She took deep breaths and told herself that she loved Camila, and did not want to become a self-made widow. "Why do you hate me?" she whined with her face buried in the pillow.

"No, it's the opposite. I love you, which I why I wanted you to wake up. Spend some time with me," Camila whined back.

"I'm only 27. I have the rest of my life to spend with you, I just wanted to sleep for another ten minutes."

"Okay, and then what if you get hit by a truck tomorrow?"

"Then you win. Use my assets to date other people." Camila smacked her and she chuckled.

"Laurennnnn!" she whined again and Lauren groaned.

"Alright fine, I'm up. Is there at least breakfast?"

"What kind of wife do you think I am? Of course there's breakfast." She sat up and rubbed at her eyes. "I made your favorite."

"Bacon?"

"Mhm. And eggs and home fries and blueberry pancakes."

"Did you get the syrup I like?"

"Well when I looked this morning we didn't have any." Lauren looked up at her and frowned. "But I went out to the store and bought some more. Now will you please get up?"

Lauren nodded with a lazy smile. It was like every time she thought she couldn't love Camila more, the brunette proved her wrong. She walked into her closet and put on a fresh pair of underwear, a long-sleeved Cornell t-shirt, and a pair of running shorts. She brushed her teeth, washed her face, and joined her wife downstairs in the kitchen. There was already a steaming plate of food waiting for her at the counter and she sat in front of it happily. She dug right in and closed her eyes at the amazing taste of the food. "Ugh, Camz you're perfect."