Chapter 22

Camila's POV

Camila stood at the stove flipping the French toast that was sizzling in the pan. The smells of cinnamon and vanilla wafting from it were making her mouth water. Food was always such a huge part of her life. Her family was a long line of amazing cooks and bakers. And she was a natural with a spatula from a young age. So when she thought of what she wanted to do with her life, it was easy to assume it would have something to do with food. But she didn't like the schedule chefs had because it was difficult for them to have personal lives and relationships so she went for the other side of foodservice, which was front of the house. And then the modernized concept of Renza hit her and five years and hundreds of thousands of dollars later, she was the owner of one of the most successful restaurants on the East Coast with a second one opening. Her life really was a dream come true.

"Oh my god, that smells incredible," Lauren said from behind her and she melted into the warm embrace her wife held her in.

"You smell even better," she replied, taking a deep breath and smiling at the aroma of Lauren's body wash and shampoo. "You showered without me?"

"Woah, you just sounded like a fifteen year old fuck boy for a second, I had to check if you were still you."

Camila reached up and lightly smacked Lauren on the side of the head but laughed nonetheless. "There should be a law. Hot wives are not allowed to shower without their significant others."

"Why? Is someone going to threaten our relationship in the safety and privacy of our bathroom?"

"You never know. These hoes are getting sneaky out here."

Lauren laughed loudly behind her and she smiled at the sound as she took the breakfast out of the pan and placed it on the stack beside her.

"I don't know if I find your extreme and irrational jealousy hilarious or flattering."

"I like to think I'm the perfect balance of caring, protective, and loving."

"With just a hint of crazy?"

"Yes. And speaking of hints, I made you French toast. With a hint of vanilla, nutmeg, and my secret ingredient. Just the way you like it"

Lauren's eyes fell to the plate she was holding out and she could see the excitement flaring behind the green. "Ugh, have I ever told you how much I love your French toast?"

"Yeah, every time I make it actually. And your favorite syrup is already on the table."

Lauren kissed her quickly on the cheek, took the plate, and took off for the dining room. She served her own breakfast and followed after her wife with the fork Lauren forgot to grab for herself. She met the other woman at the doorway and held up the silverware, which Lauren accepted with a coy smile. They sat together and dug into their breakfast, Lauren making appreciative moans with every bite.

"I have a confession to make," Lauren said after swallowing a mouthful.

"And what's what?"

"I only married you for your expertise in making breakfast."

"Well like I've told you before, I only married you for your body, so I guess that's okay."

"I was kidding."

"I wasn't."

"Camz!"