Chapter 23

Lauren's POV

Lauren's alarm went off and instinctively, she reached her arm over and smacked the top of her phone. It shouldn't have turned off the alarm, but it did. She'd have to worry about whether she broke her phone or not later, because right now she had to focus on why her face was ridiculously hot at the moment. And hairy.

Camila slept on her sometimes, but not with her head pressed onto Lauren's face. And this didn't feel like Camila's hair at all. She reached her other hand up and connected with a ball of fur. And then something cold and wet.

"God dammit! Shithead, get off me!" She didn't even give him a chance to move because she shoved him to the side and he landed clumsily on Camila's face instead.

"Why are you yelling, it's like three in the morning," Camila grumbled.

"It's actually not. And why is Shithead in bed with us?"

"Didn't you hear him crying all night?"

"No? I was sleeping. Peacefully. Without a care in the world."

"Real nice Lauren. He was crying because he was alone so I thought I would cuddle with him just to help him fall asleep. And then I guess we both did."

"Well I woke up with him on my face."

"Hey! I'm the only one allowed to sit there," Camila said with a smirk. Lauren glared at her, still in a sour mood from the animal sleeping on her face. "Jeez, tough crowd in the morning."

"Whatever. Keep him off me when I'm sleeping. And awake. Just, keep him off me. Period."

Camila sat up and rubbed at her eyes. "Okay cranky-pants, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong."

"Bullshit. You're moody in the morning but this is a new level of asshole."

Lauren sighed. "Alright fine, I'm just really nervous about work today."

"Why? You've never been worried about work before."

"Well this week starts the reviews for who's being considered for the CEO position for the end of the year."

"You shouldn't be nervous. You're the best COO the company's ever had. Cowell said so himself."

"That's what worries me. What if he thinks I'm so good that he keeps me there and then I don't get the higher position?"

"Could that actually happen?"

"It's possible. There are a few underneath me who could be good enough. One of them is that idiot Bieber and I'm pretty sure Cowell hates him so he probably won't be getting my job."

"You should hope he gets your job. Then you get Cowell's, become his direct boss, and then you can ship him to Siberia or something." She smiled and kissed Camila on the cheek because she is literally the perfect wife. She gets it.

"You're perfect, you know that right?"

"Awe, babe."

"No really, I don't know what I would do without you. I would die without you."

"Of course you would. I am the greatest good you are ever going to get."

"Anddddd, it's gone," Lauren said and stood up so she could go get ready for work.