Chapter 27

Lauren's POV

            Lauren quietly closed the door behind her as she walked into the house, plastic bag in hand. She had gotten up extra early for her morning jog and she didn't want to wake Camila up before she was ready. Though, she did end up waking a small black and white furball who was trying to get down the stairs without falling over and rolling the rest of the way. When he finally made it down the steps, he stopped in front of her and barked his little yelp.

            "Be quiet Shithead!" she whispered. He only barked again. "No, this is not an invite to converse. Shut up!"

            He barked once more and jumped up on her legs. "Do you want a treat? Will that shut you up?" He barked again, like he knew what she was offering for his silence, and she rolled her eyes and walked to the cabinet. She took down one of the peanut butter flavored bones Camila had bought and put it down in front of him. It was actually kind of funny to see him try to eat a bone that was the size of all of his legs put together but he seemed happy with it. And he shut up.

            Lauren snuck up the stairs, pushed open the door to their bedroom, and slipped inside. Luckily, Camila was still fast asleep. Lauren sat down next to her and put the bag down on the nightstand. Camila was so adorable while she slept. She looked the way she did when she was still in college. Well through puberty, but not aging anymore from that point on. She pushed a piece of hair away from her cheek and stroked it lightly with her thumb. She leaned down and gently kissed her forehead with a smile. She couldn't help but to smile when it came to anything Camila related.

            The younger woman scrunched up her nose and stretched her arms above her head. "What time is it?" she mumbled, still stretching out the kinks in her body.

            "Not time for you to get up yet," Lauren answered.

            "There is no time for me to get up. I get up when I want."

            "Do you want to get up?"

            "No," she said quietly and rolled over onto her side away from Lauren. She laughed and pulled the sheets up to cover her wife's bare torso. "You stink," she mumbled again after a minute.

            "I just went jogging."

            "I don't like it when you jog without me. People look at what's mine and I don't like it." Lauren wanted to laugh at Camila's half-awake ramblings but it was more cute than funny.

            "Who cares if they look? I'm coming home to you anyway."

            "Looking gives them ideas. Ideas lead to actions. Actions lead to me getting arrested," she explained with a yawn and rolled back over to blink tiredly at her. "You're cute," she finished with a smile and held out her arms for Lauren to hold her. She obliged and let Camila nuzzle into her neck. And then she pushed her so hard she fell off the bed and all she saw was a blur of tan headed toward the bathroom.

            "Do I really smell that bad?" she asked no one aloud when she heard the retching noises coming from the en-suite. She went into the bathroom and held Camila's hair back as she emptied the contents of her stomach into the toilet. "Are you okay, baby?"

            When Camila finally finished, she shut the toilet lid and flushed it. Lauren was ignored until Camila rinsed her mouth with mouthwash and brushed her teeth thoroughly. "Yeah, I'm okay. That was weird. It was like one second I wanted to hold you, and then the next I'm holding the toilet."

            "Is it morning sickness?" Lauren asked excitedly, as if her wife puking the second she woke up was the greatest thing in the world.