Chapter 20

Camila's POV

"Lauren, pay attention," Camila said smacking Lauren on the thigh to tear her attention away from her phone.

"What? The chat hasn't even started yet," the older Cabello-Jauregui said pointing at the screen free of chat boxes.

"Yeah, but it's going to start soon."

"And until it starts, I will be on my phone."

Camila peeked over at the screen and scoffed. "You're not even doing anything important."

"Yes I am!"
"You're playing a game right now. That's important?"

"Yes it is. I have to play because I signed up to beta it for my company."

"You are such a child, I swear."

"You love it," she replied and nuzzled Camila's cheek for half a second before returning to her game. Camila shook her head and picked at the strings coming out of the rip in Lauren's jeans.

She scanned her wife completely and sighed. It was casual Friday again, aka Lauren's extra hot day, aka slap a hoe for looking day. She was exhausted already just thinking of all the people she was going to attack by the time the clock struck five.

"That's a sexy outfit," she said, admiring the black and white gingham shirt, frayed jeans, and burgundy Doc Martens. Lauren had even gone as far as to put her hair up, which was like an ultimate turn on for Camila because she did it so rarely.

"You think so?" Lauren responded looking down at herself. "I wanted to keep it simple."

"Yeah, you look really attractive. I hate it."

Lauren sighed and shook her head, eyes never leaving her screen. "You're going to have to get over it eventually."

"The way you'll get over the deaths of your coworkers?"

"What?!" Lauren said pausing the game and looking at her.

"Hmm? I didn't say anything," Camila answered confusedly. Lauren squinted at her suspiciously and then went back to her game.

Eventually, the Skype tone emitted from her laptop and Camila hit the answer button. Five boxes appeared and a couple was in every one, save for Normani's.

"Good morning test subjects," the author greeted happily.

"Ew, you make us sound so clinical," Chris complained.

"What do you prefer then?"

"I don't know. Anything that doesn't make me sound like a lab rat."

"But we're better than lab rats. We get to have sex every day!" Louis defended happily.

Chris shrugged, dropping the subject. "Proceed oh great scientist."

"Thank you. But, I don't have much time today, I actually have to go to a press conference for the book."

"Shouldn't we have to be there for that? As your book subjects," Sean asked.

"Not yet. Once the final copy is released and I go on the book tour then you guys will come into the spotlight."

"Spotlights will be involved? I assume we'll get a full hair and makeup crew because I don't look good if you don't—," Louis started but his husband clamped a hand over his mouth to quiet him.