Epilogue

A/N: Soo we originally said a little over 10K words but this fell damn close to 17K and for that we are severely sorry lmfao. Anyway, let us commence with the ending, the final chapter, the epilogue of Test Subjects. Roll the film...

Lauren's POV

(A/N: Crying because this is our first time jump)

SIX DAYS LATER

"Lauren, can you please pay attention to me," Camila groaned. Lauren was tossing up mini marshmallows and trying to catch them in her mouth. For the most part, she was doing well and had caught the majority, but for the few that fell to the floor, Shithead was right there to clean them up. She tossed another one up but before it could land on her tongue, her wife smacked it away.

"What the hell Camz? That one was going right in!"

"My foot is going right in your ass if you don't stop ignoring me!"

She sighed and dropped the half-empty bag of marshmallows on the table and turned toward Camila who was glaring at her. But Lauren couldn't help but to smile because she looked so cute with her messy bun, reading glasses on her nose, and a zip-up hoodie hanging off her torso.

"Okay, I'm sorry. What was it that you wanted?"

"You have to help me pick out which apartment we're moving into. I've narrowed it down to three, but I would like your opinion."

"I already told you. Whichever has the nicest view and building amenities."

"Okay well there's this one that has floor to ceiling windows and a view of the downtown skyline. But, it's a two bedroom which means neither of us will get an office because the second bedroom is obviously for the baby. And the building has a pool, fitness center, and laundry service."

"Pick that one. If I can stop doing my own laundry, I'm all for it."

"Shut up, because you don't even do your own laundry now. I do it for you." Lauren nuzzled the brunette's neck and placed a series of light kisses there.

"And I praise the heavens every day that I have you."

"Kiss ass," Camila mumbled. "Moving on, the second one is a three bedroom penthouse apartment with a rooftop pool which we have sole access to, the same amenities as the other, floor to ceiling windows that overlook midtown, and it has a fucking waterfall shower."

"What's wrong with it?"

"It's on the 30th floor. So if there's ever a power outage, we're fucked."

"Mhm, and the last one?"

"A brownstone on the Upper West Side, four bedrooms, two baths, walking distance to Central Park, and I think there's a Starbucks around the corner."

"What don't you like about it?"

"Nothing, I think it's perfect. But it doesn't have all those penthouse amenities that you want so badly or the amazing New York City view."

"Baby, screw the amenities. I can do my own laundry if it means we'll be someplace that you're happy with."

"Well there's also a fourth. It's also four bedrooms, three baths, same floor to ceiling windows with a view of Central Park and executive shit that all the others have, and we'll get our two walk in closets like we have now."