Chapter 9

Lauren's POV

She woke up, surprised that Camila was already out of bed. She laid back and thought about the events from the day before. It was supposed to be a perfect day together, and it started off that way. But then it turned sour when their baby talk didn't go the way Camila wanted it to. Her wife had left her in the living room, naked to go upstairs and cry because Lauren didn't answer the question about having a baby or not. And then she stayed there all night and Lauren felt ridiculously guilty. When she went to the bar to meet up with the guys, she felt slightly worse for leaving in the first place, but they ended up giving her some well needed advice. She came home and made a big speech about being there for Camila and their baby if she wanted one, and all was forgiven. She was still slightly bothered that it had come to that, but as long as her wife was happy and they were no longer upset about the subject, she would be fine.

She went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth and washed her face. She turned the shower on and then made her way into her closet to pick out her clothes for the day. She picked out her skinny black slacks, a ruffled white blouse, and her light grey blazer. She placed them on the bed and set her black Louboutin pumps on the floor in front of the bed. She tossed a red thong and matching bra on the bed before going into the bathroom. She went into the shower and hummed to herself as she washed her hair and body.

She got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself. She was confused when she looked at her outfit and some things were changed. First off, her blouse had been replaced with a plain white t-shirt, her heels were gone and her black Nike running sneakers were in their place, and her thong and bra were replaced by a sports bra and boy shorts. "What the fuck?" she said to the open air.

"Hey babe, good morning," Camila said walking into the room. She kissed her on the cheek and began fixing the pillows and comforter on the bed. "I like your outfit today, very business casual."

She shook her head and chuckled. Of fucking course Camila was the one who changed her outfit. She picked up the changed parts and went back into her closet with every intention to return with the original pieces she picked out. Before she could leave the closet, Camila blocked her way.

"What's wrong? Why are you changing your outfit? I really like it the way it is."

"I bet you do, considering you practically picked it out. I can't go into work in a t-shirt and sneakers baby."

"I don't see why not. You're the boss aren't you? You could go in sweats if you wanted to. As a matter of fact," Camila snuck past her and dug around in the drawers of her dresser. She pulled out a pair of baggy sweatpants and handed them to Lauren, pulling the original blouse out of her hands. "See, I think you'll look great. Those sweats will look perfect with the rest of your outfit that I picked out."

"Camz! You're insane," she said with a laugh as she tossed the sweats aside and took her shirt back. "I have to dress professionally when I'm going to work, regardless of my status. I could actually get into trouble if I break dress code." She put on the thong and bra before Camila could take them away again. She started putting lotion on her legs, completely ignoring Camila's childish stance a few feet away.

"Okay, how about we compromise. You get to keep the sexy underwear and the slacks, but then you wear the sneakers and the t-shirt."

"Camz, I'm not compromising. I have to wear this to work. What's the big deal about it anyway?"

"I thought you already knew that I hate it when you dress nice to work. Cause then Bea looks at you and then I'll have to stab her," she whined. Lauren laughed and pulled her to stand between her legs.