Masquerade

So far, I hadn't really changed anything too extreme. I had managed to save Mason by warning him about what Stefan and Damon were planning, at least then Rose wouldn't end up bitten by Jules in a little while. And sure, I had been kidnapped a couple times by the big bad of the week. Those were minor compared to who was coming, though. I had managed to inform Jenna about vampires on the sly, however, and we both agreed not to tell Elena that we knew. It was funny to watch her try to explain events in ways that would sound normal to people not in the know to the two of us. 

Thanks to me telling her, Jenna knew to take vervain and not end up compelled by Katherine Pierce so no knife to the stomach. Elena and Jeremy had left to "hang out with friends" which I knew was Scooby Doo Gang tongue for plot someone's demise, but while they were gone, Jenna helped me pick out my dress for the masquerade party tonight. I was going for sexy so that I could land the handsome Original we would be meeting. God, what I would do to sleep with the man once. 

Wait, no

Wait, no. Focus, Rina, think with your lust later. After a few hours, my date arrived and by date, I mean Damon Salvatore. Damon and I had a weird relationship: we'd snark at each other, have sex a few times (which was okay because he was hot, but not any of the Mikaelson brothers), he'd save me from kidnapping attempts, and then we'd be back to snarking. 

"Damn, Sommers. Could I take a bite out of you?" He asked, smirking. 

"You wish." I snipped, thinking that handsome in a suit was coming and I didn't want to miss this. Damon rolled his eyes, but escorted me out to the car and then after we got in, drove me to the ball. First thing I did was hit up the cocktail bar. Sue me, I went through puberty twice and an 18 year dry spell. After a bit, someone who looked exactly like Elena made her way over. It was Katherine Pierce and I might have been the only one, but I preferred Katherine to Elena. Even when I was Charlotte Wyatt and not Carina Sommers, I thought Katherine was at least honest about being a two-timing bitch, unlike Elena who would act sweet and then stab you in the back. 

"Aunt Jade!!" She cheered, wrapping an arm around my waist and leading me through the crowd towards Stefan and Damon. Sigh, playing ignorance was hard, but I had to. 

"Having fun, Lena?" I asked, smiling at her. Damon and Stefan looked ill at the sight of me in Katherine's grasp and it was good to see the two arrogant baby vamps terrified. 

"Look, guys. I found Aunt Jade by the cocktail bar." She said, causing Damon to look slightly amused. I stayed perfectly in character and waited for my chance to slip away and then it hit me. 

"You know Stefan, maybe you should dance with your girlfriend. This is a party after all." I suggested, 'innocently'. Stefan looked panicked and Damon looked frustrated as 'Elena' turned to Stefan smiling and I slipped away to the outside. 

I sat down and took a deep breath, how was I supposed to save the people I needed to? Maybe I should see about sleeping with Klaus rather than Elijah. I did want to do both since I would never forgive myself if I ended back in Charlotte Wyatt's body without tapping at least one super hot Original.