The Dinner Party

THIRD PERSON POV:

Damon would never admit it, but Elijah's nonchalance as he sipped his tea did frighten him a little. 

"I imagine you have questions." Elijah said and Rose nodded. 

"Why do you want Elena to be sacrificed?" She asked and Elijah shook his head. 

"It's not that I want her to be sacrificed, I don't. I know my Elskan will be grief stricken if Elena were to die. I need her to be sacrificed, Klaus will be at his weakest after the sacrifice is complete. That is when I must kill him. I don't have any other way, the only other way would kill me if I came near him." Elijah admitted. 

"Oh." Damon said, relaxing a little. 

"You said if." Rose noticed. 

"I have a way for the doppelganger to survive. Klaus and I intended to use it for Katerina, but she ran before it could be done." Elijah explained and Damon stood up. 

"So, everyone will be happy. Klaus dies, Elena lives, and you get your siblings back." He pointed out. 

"Precisely." Elijah confirmed. There was a feeling of sadness in him as Klaus had once been his favorite brother, but the thought of poor Finn, Kol, and Rebekah reminded him of why he was doing this. Plus, he had to unite Finn and Carina so he could help his brother heal. 

"Alright, so what do we do? We can't let everyone know that we know all of your plan, we won't know anything if we do." Rose wondered. 

"Remember that dagger John Gilbert gave you?" Elijah asked and Damon nodded. 

"What about it?" Damon asked. 

"Use it on me." Elijah said and Rose spat out her drink. 

"Why is that a good idea?" She asked and Damon pointed at her. 

"She's right. Why is that a good idea?" He asked. 

"For one, you still look like you're on their side. Two, John Gilbert might tell you what he knows. Three, all it takes is one stab, don't leave it in, though. Fourth, either Carina or Alaric will have to do it since you will die if you use it." Elijah explained. 

"I guarantee that John knew that and that's why he gave it to me." Damon realized.  

"Two birds, one stone." Rose agreed. 

"I'll call Cherry Red and let her know the plan. She'll probably do it since she'll know it's not permanent." Damon stated, pulling his phone out. 

"No, you call Stefan and tell him, I'll call Red Delicious and tell her." Rose said and Elijah snorted. 

"She doesn't like the fruit nicknames." He reminded them. 

"We know, what kind of best friends would be if we didn't give her nicknames that she pretends to hate and secretly loves?" Damon asked. 

Damon POV:

I called Stefan and he answered. 

"What's going on?" He asked me as soon as he pressed accept. 

"Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed." I lied, wincing at the memory of being tortured by Jules and the other werewolves. 

"That makes one of us." Stefan sighed and I wondered what has happened at the Lake House.

"I did hear one piece of good news though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." I told him and I could almost see the frown lines on his forehead. 

"How do you know?" Stefan asked. 

"Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood, thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." I alluded and Stefan took the bait.