The Sacrifice

Carina POV:

Well, today was the day that we dealt with the attempts of Elena's stupidity and Jonas breaking into the house for some reason that I don't remember

Well, today was the day that we dealt with the attempts of Elena's stupidity and Jonas breaking into the house for some reason that I don't remember. I was currently getting dressed and I could hear someone walking around. Now, it could have been Jonas or it was Jenna and Alaric after having sex. I heard more footsteps and I left my room to investigate. Sure enough, there was a nearly naked Ric standing there with ice cream. I raised my eyebrows, leaning on my doorframe. Also standing there was an embarrassed Elena. 

"Elena. Carina. Ahem." He said, looking embarrassed and covering his private parts with the ice cream bowl. 

"I heard something." Elena stated, trying so hard to avoid looking at him. I snickered at their embarrassment as Jenna walked up the stairs in Alaric's shirt. I whistled at the sight, causing everyone to turn a deeper red and Jenna to run a hand through her hair. 

"That was us. I'm sorry." Jenna said and I just about cackled. 

"About time you got some, Jenny." I teased and she flipped me off. 

"We didn't think anyone else was up." Alaric said, looking like he wished the floor turned into a slide. 

"But here you are." Jenna said, looking mortified. 

"We were just-" Alaric began, but seeing the futility of it, held out his ice cream bowl to both of us. I snorted, covering my hand with my mouth. 

"Chunky Monkey?" He offered and both Elena and I shook our heads no. This was so much funnier in person. 

"Well...I'm naked. So I'm gonna go." Alaric chuckled, before walking into Jenna's bedroom and I snickered some more as Jenna climbed the rest of the stairs. 

"I'm really really sorry." Jenna apologized and I waved her off. 

"Like I said, about time you got some action." I said and she yanked on a strand of my hair as Elena hid her smile. 

"It's okay, Jenna, don't worry about it." Elena assured. 

"I know he's been staying over a lot. Are you --- are you sure it's okay?" Jenna looked really worried about it. 

"Come on, Jenna. You gotta forget Logan "Scum Bucket" Fell, somehow." I said, grinning. 

"Seems like things are good." Elena commented. 

"They're extremely good." Jenna smiled and both Elena and I returned it.

"Then I'm extremely okay with it." We said in unison before going back into our rooms. I decided to confront Jonas before he left as I saw that a picture of me and Elena was missing from my room. I left the room and went looking for Jonas, but realized he had slipped out. I groaned and went downstairs. Boy, I hated being human, but I didn't want to die and end up in my old body by accident. I had to admit I was happier here than in my old life, despite the fact I missed my family and fiance.