Homecoming

Carina POV:

I came downstairs to see my worst nightmare standing in the kitchen. It was horrible, it was the worst. 

Rebekah had her legs wrapped around Stefan's waist as they made out on one of the counters. Finn came up behind me and stopped, his jaw dropping as he took in the horrifying sight before us. 

"My eyes!!" I screamed and they separated, looking mortified as Finn pretended to vomit. Jenna, Damon, and Rose entered with Damon having the biggest shit-eating grin on his face. 

"Did it have to be on the counter where we prepare food?" Jenna asked, smirking playfully at them and Rebekah's cheeks turned red. 

"Yeah, little brother. Just think of the food that might still be there." Damon teased and Stefan looked at the ground, avoiding Finn and Damon's eyes. 

"I heard someone screaming!" Elena ran in and both Stefan and Rebekah looked even more embarrassed when they saw her. 

"Really, the kitchen? How kinky!" Elena joked and that broke the atmosphere as we all began laughing.  

"Kinky?" I asked, leaning on Finn as I caught my breath. Jenna went back upstairs and Finn began watching as Damon began working on breakfast. I watched for a moment before going upstairs to take a shower and get dressed. 

When I came back downstairs, my second worst nightmare was there

When I came back downstairs, my second worst nightmare was there. Mikael the Destroyer was lying dead in my living room and Finn was giving his body wary glances as if he expected him to wake up. 

"Now, call Niklaus and let's get this over with it." He ordered Stefan who obeyed and pulled his phone out. Elena moved closer to me and wrapped an arm around me at the same time Rose did. I recognized this to be an attempt at comfort and leaned into them as Klaus's voice filtered through the phone. 

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves." He said and Stefan glanced at Finn who nodded. 

"Your father is dead." He stated and I could hear Klaus freeze on the other end. 

"What did you say to me?" He asked and Finn stiffened as well and I could tell that he was worried that Klaus would give something away. 

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me and Finn to do with the body?" Stefan asked and Finn made a face. 

"Well, first I want you or Finn to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus requested and Stefan took a breath before telling him. 

__________________

One hour earlier, Salvatore Boarding House.

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan suggested as he, Mikael, Finn, Damon, Rose, and Elena stood around the table. Carina had been excluded since Stefan, Mikael, and Rebekah didn't think she'd be able to betray Klaus while the other four had gone along with it so as not to tip them off.