Smells Like Team Spirit

Carina POV:

I woke up and got dressed to help Elena learn the skill of staking vampires

I woke up and got dressed to help Elena learn the skill of staking vampires. I headed downstairs where Finn was being taught how to use the coffee maker by Damon and Rose. 

"Humans have come up with some fascinating things." Finn commented as he watched his coffee brew. He then noticed me coming down the stairs. 

"Good morning, kjære. Where are you going?" He asked, moving over to kiss my cheek. 

"Going to help Elena learn how to kill Stefan in his sleep." I said, taking the granola bar that Rose offered me. 

"I could get behind that." Finn teased as Damon scowled, but handed him the coffee. 

"I'd like to remind you all he's my little brother." He grumbled and Finn snorted. 

"Yes, and Niklaus is mine, but I understand the urge to kill him. I feel it every time he spoke to me when I don't have my wonderful morning drink." Finn said, seriously, but I could tell he was joking by the mischief in his eyes. He then turned back to me. 

"I'm willing to help with her training. Alaric has nothing on me, I've been to battle before and I know how it can feel." He offered and I nodded, this could work and I was secretly wanting to see Finn's muscles. Finn finished his coffee and sped us out to the woods where Elena and Alaric where. Elena waved at us while Alaric look less than thrilled to see Finn there. After a few tense minutes, Elena moved to practice staking a mannequin while Finn observed and Alaric taught her how to stake a vampire with a sleeve and two stakes in it. 

"So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes." Alaric instructed and Elena nodded. 

"Easy enough." She said, trying, but the stakes stayed in the sleeve. 

"That's weird." She said, trying again and Finn rolled his eyes before directing her towards him. 

"Try it on me." He said and she positioned herself for the punch before punching him in the chest. It still didn't work and she even winced from it. I whistled and some color rose in Finn's cheeks. 

"Must be jammed or something." She said and Alaric shook his head. I stood up from where I was sitting and moved over to try. I took the sleeve from Elena and punched the mannequin, the stake coming out and embedding itself in the mannequin's chest. 

"You're not strong enough, Elena. Better start lifting some weights, put some meat on your bones." Alaric commented as I handed the sleeve back to Elena. 

"Yeah, skinny Minnie!" I teased and Elena scowled at me, playfully. 

"Thanks for not sugar-coating it." She grumbled and then Alaric took something out of his bag and showed it to her. It was a vervain grenade. Finn looked fascinated by it and I tried not to laugh or coo at the amazed expression on his face.