Bringing Out the Dead

Carina POV:

Elijah was standing before Klaus, wiping the blood off his hands with a white handkerchief after killing Daniel. I could hear that Finn and Mikael came to see what was going on and when they caught a look at the sign around his neck, both started snickering. 

"You look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?" Elijah commented and Jenna glanced at me. 

"You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?" Klaus asked, casually before Elijah attacked him and Klaus went flying through a window. I rolled my eyes at this, freaking dramatic ass Mikaelsons. 

"Easy. Finn and I just finished renovating." Klaus snapped at Elijah before rushing at him and crashing them both into a table, breaking it. Jenna looked at me alarmed and I shrugged before moving into Finn's solid torso and he wrapped an arm around me, automatically. Jenna copied me and Mikael put a protective arm around her shoulders. 

"You know you have every right to be mad at me. But I kept my word, I reunited you with our family. Well, most of them anyway." Klaus said and Elijah attacked him again, this time into Kol's coffin. He opened it and undaggered Kol before rushing to Elijah and holding him against the wall with the dagger to his throat. 

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!" Klaus snapped and Elijah glared at him with equal intensity. 

"Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with." Elijah taunted and Finn looked mildly disturbed at the prospect as Klaus lowered the dagger. Henrik slipped downstairs and Finn leaned down as Henrik tugged on his shirt sleeve. 

"Are they done measuring their fangs yet?" He asked and Finn snorted before it devolved into full laughter. 

"Mikael is here." Klaus said and Elijah's jaw dropped as Mikael stepped into the light, all dramatically and Mikaelson-like. 

"Hello, Elijah." He greeted and Elijah gawked at Klaus who still looked a bit nervous in Mikael's presence. 

"Why is he here?" He demanded to know and Finn and I moved into the light, also dramatically and I have to admit it felt cool so now I knew why they did it. 

"So is the chaos gremlin you call your youngest brother!" I said brightly and Elijah sped over to me and then moved me to the opposite side of the room. 

"Why have you let him near her?" He hissed at Finn and Klaus and then winced when I stomped on his foot. 

"They don't "let" me do anything, they're not in charge of me! I'm not an object to be tossed around and I'm not a child to be ordered around. Any of you do that again and I'll take that dagger in one of those coffins and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Got it?!" I snapped and all three nodded in terror and agreement, and there were some hints of desire in Finn's terror, as Jenna smirked, proudly. 

"Besides, he's my future brother-in-law, because he is Jenna's mate and she's his mate." I informed Elijah who stared between his two brothers and then Mikael and all three shrugged. 

"It's the truth, we're unfortunately stuck with him." Klaus said and Finn swatted him, giving Mikael nervous looks. 

"If peace has been made, why is that Rebekah and Kol aren't allowed out of these coffins?" Elijah asked and I knew why. Klaus was worried that they would turn on Finn if they knew the truth about him and Esther. 

"Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me." Klaus said and it was very grandiose and I could tell he was going to take the fall for Finn again.