six

Harry

Dragging myself out of bed, I slowly make my way to the kitchen for some much-needed coffee- but the unexpected sight I'm met with has me stopping dead in my tracks. Ariella.

She's still wearing the same fucking pajamas I saw her in last night; tiny black spandex shorts, a sports bra, and an oversized white button-down. The shirt doesn't seem the most comfortable to sleep in, but the thought only has me thinking about taking the shirt off of her, and before I know it, I'm staring yet again.

Facing away from me, I lean against the wall and silently watch her go through the motions of pouring herself coffee

Facing away from me, I lean against the wall and silently watch her go through the motions of pouring herself coffee. Her shirt lifts when she reaches into the cabinet for a mug and I have to force myself not to stare at her ass in those shorts. I continue watching as she swiftly moves through the kitchen, living in her own world until she finally turns around, catching me staring at her.

"Holy shit Harry," she breathes out, clutching her chest with the hand not holding her coffee, "good morning, I guess," she laughs as she walks over to the table.

"Morning," I greet her, finally pushing myself off the wall and walking over to the counter to pour my own coffee.

Neither of us says anything else, but the silence this time is much less awkward than it was last night, thank god. She sits at the table scrolling through her phone while she sips on her coffee, leaving me plenty of time to think while I start gathering things to make breakfast.

Last night, Niall texted me informing me he'd be home later than he thought, and I assume he must've told Ari the same thing because I heard her shuffling her way into the bathroom not long after. I lied to her when I saw her in the hall last night, I knew she was in the shower the whole time, but I didn't let that stop me from playing music while I cleaned up my room. I mean, it needed to be cleaned, what was I supposed to do, clean in silence? Sure, I guess I didn't need to clean the second I heard her turn the shower on, but I wasn't gonna miss my opportunity to let her in on some of my favorite songs- especially songs I had a feeling she'd like.

Niall had told me before that he grew up on Fleetwood Mac, it was actually a pivotal bonding moment in our friendship when I told him I did too. If Niall grew up listening to that music, Ari had to have as well, which had me somewhat intentionally picking the playlist I did last night. I could've easily stayed in my room until I heard her make her way back to her room, but something in me made me want to see her one last time before I went to bed, hence me knocking at the door before I knew she had the chance to leave.

That ended up being a really good fucking idea too because I heard her on the phone when I was making my way back to my own room across the hall from her. I'd be lying if I said I didn't stand in the hall longer than I needed to, and maybe I'm an asshole for eavesdropping, but once I heard what she was saying, I couldn't help myself.

She was talking about me to whoever she was on the phone with, I didn't hear what she said, but I definitely heard my name which is what caught my attention in the first place. She said something about the music, which had a smile instantly pulling at my lips, telling me I was right about her. Then I heard her bring up my fucking bike again, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since. "Maybe you can finally make your dreams come true," I heard the voice through the door, "cross that off the bucket list." Cross what off the bucket list?