Keep Going

Julie's POV
Today was the state XC tournament. It was also the day that my dad would choose. But I couldn't focus on that right now. Thomas needed me.
*entrance by the school*
Thomas wanted to meet me here. Sure enough here he came.
J: hey....I was wondering
Before I could finish my sentence Thomas smashed his lips against mine.
The kiss was magical. It felt like just for that one moment, the whole world was frozen in time. Like no else existed. It was just me and Thomas.
T: I had to do that.
J: y?
T: after today, I want us to be official.
J: but what about my dad?
T: we'll figure things out as they come. I don't want u to move but if u do u do. I'll ride the bus every weekend just to c u! I care about u Julie. I don't wanna go another day w/o u by my side!
J: That had to me the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me!
**by now I can feel tears streaming down my face**
T: princessa don't cry I don't want u to b sad.
J: I'm not crying because I'm sad. I'm crying because I'm happy.
***thomas leans his forehead on mine***
J: thomas...I love you.....u don't have to say it back. Bc ik how meaningful those words r to u. I just want u to know. Whether u win or lose today, there will b someone who loves you and is proud of you!
T: u mean everything to me Julie. & I want to say it back but I want it b @ the right x & @ the right moment.
J: I just needed u to know that. Now, go show the rest of the state y McFarland is te best in the state.
T: ok princessa. But I think I need another one of ur good luck kisses.
J: o really?
*with that we kissed*
T: I'll c u afterwards.
J: ok now go before u miss the bus.

Thomas POV
As I make my way to the bus, all I can think about is Julie. Besides XC, Julie has to b the best thing that has ever happened to me!

*during the race*
I'm running with all my strength! Then I saw one my teammates falling behind.
"Keep going!" I told him as I ran past him.
As I got closer, I was loosing my strength. But then I thought of someone. Someone who always brightens my day. Someone that is actually proud of me. Someone that I want to protect. Someone that I love.

Julie

& with that I got the courage to run faster.

I did it! I crossed the finished line. Next thing I know I c Julie running towards me. She jumps into my arms!
J: u did it! I'm so proud of u!
T: thank u princessa!
As the rest of my teammates ran through the line, I held Julie in my arms......never letting her go.

Now all we need to do is wait for the results.

A/N disclaimer: I own nothing.