U r perfect to me (Thomas pov)

It's been two months since state championship....everyone is still talking about it. Julie and I r bf & gf. Right now, the team and I r walking them home. Coach stayed afterwards.
*during the walk*
I had my arm wrapped on top of Julie's shoulders. The boys were playing around with her little sister. I could tell that something was bothering Julie. B/c usually she's talking to me or at least interacting. But today she wasn't, & that worried me.
T: hey boys u guys head on. We'll catch up with you later.

They did as I asked

J: why did u do that?
T: so u could tell me what's bothering u.
J: nothing's bothering me. I'm fine.
T: uk Ik u better than that princessa. Now tell me what's wrong?
She looked down and sighed.
J: ok I'll tell u as long as u don't get too mad.
J: It was before first hour. U had just left so u could make to class on time. But I still had to get my books from my locker.
*flashback (J: Julie; MG: mean girl)*
MG: You do know that doesn't actually care about u. Or even love u. He's just dating u so that he can stay on the XC team.
J: *trying to ignore her*
MG: I'm mean why else would he wanna date a worthless piece of garbage like u. When he could date some go understands what he's going through. He doesn't love. Not one bit!
J: yes he does!!!!!
MG: o so he's said it to u?
J: no
MG: have u guys done 'it' yet?
J: no. But he shows that he loves me in other ways.
MG: Like what?
J: like how he's always trying to protect me.
MG: o honey that isn't someone who loves u. That's just someone trying to b a good friend. And in case it wasn't clear: you are and always will b a worthless piece of trash!
MG left but Julie stayed there crying

*end of flashback*

J: and I just keep replaying what she said over and over again. She's right Thomas. *tears were falling down her face*
T: no she isn't!
J: yes she is! I don't understand ur situation. I don't understand what it's like to b poor. I don't understand what it's like to b treated differently all bc of ur skin color.

I cupped her face with my hands

T: sssshhhh. Princessa. Look at me. She isn't right. U are the best thing that has ever happened to me! Nvr forget that! Yes u don't know what I'm going through. But you r helping me get through it. Just by being with me.
J: but you deserve someone who give u what u need. So one who isn't a virgin. Someone who is more beautiful than I am.
I was shocked that said it. She thinks that I shouldn't b with her just because she is still a virgin?
T: Julie u ARE beautiful! Both on the inside and outside of u. As for u still being a virgin, I'm still one too. & I don't want my first time to b with someone who as already done it. If I did it that way then it wouldn't be as special. I want my first time to b with u and only u! But at the right time. And ur first x should b romantic - which it will b - & perfect. 'Cause that's what u deserve. Okay?
J: okay. *she smiled*
T: good now let's go catch up the others.

**A/n I own nothing**