𝟔: 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

Neymar

As I sat on her bed I waited for Evelyn to come out of the bathroom. Ever since we came into her hotel room she entered the bathroom and hasn't come out. From the small sniffs I could tell she was crying. I decided not to push her into coming out of the bathroom. Instead I just waited for her sitting on the bed.

At the sound of the doorknob turning I quickly got up but kept my distance. She ran her hand through her hair and quickly sighed.

"How much of that did you hear?" She questioned sitting down on her bed.

"Enough to know that he's an asshole." I said taking my seat once again on the bed. "Is he the someone." I questioned her, recalling the moment we were speaking on the phone.

"Yeah, he's the someone." She nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her.

"I just don't understand." She said with a sigh. I could tell she was hurting and she was on the verge of crying again. "I gave him everything. Even with work I made time so that he could know how much I loved him." She said, getting me to look down towards the floor.

"Yeah, but sometimes love isn't enough." I said, recalling my ex telling me that the moment we broke up.

"I came home one night." She started saying, getting me to give her my undivided attention. "I was exhausted from a whole day of being in the studio and filming my music video. When I went home I made my way in and I heard the giggles." She said, taking a deep breath in and out. "I followed the voices and it led me to the bedroom. Where I found him on my bed with her." She said getting my insides to burn at the mention of that bastard doing that to her.

"I knew he was cheating. My brother, Owen, had caught him having dinner with her one night but I just gave Mateo the benefit of the doubt. I pushed my brother away for him. And I just don't understand why he did it. I gave him everything, but I was still not good enough for him." She said, getting me to shake my head.

"No, Eve, don't do that to yourself." I said before cupping her face with both my hands. "Hey, look at me." I said getting her to bring her eyes up to mine. "He's an asshole that couldn't value the golden, powerful, independent, hard working, beautiful woman he had in front of him." I added, getting a smile to form on her face.

"Come here." I said before pulling her into a tight hug.

I felt her body mold into mine and her warmth merged with mine. Her smell of candy and roses was still strong like the first day I had come across her. I know it is too soon to say but Evelyn had made her way into my heart. David's comment was still crossing my mind, you like her.