𝟐𝟒: 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥

Evelyn

I took a seat back in the crowd where I originally was. Many other artists were set to perform still. As the commercials were rolling in and everyone started diving into their conversations I decided to scroll through my phone.

I noticed that someone new had followed me. Their verified mark was what stood out to me. I couldn't help but bring a small smile onto my face as I read 'Zayn'. I turned to the side where I knew the band was at and I caught his eyes. He sent me a smile and a small nod that I gladly returned.

"And now, for the Award we've been waiting all night on." I heard the hosts say as a sign that we were back on air.

"These are this year's fabulous nominees for Album of the Year." The other host said into the mic.

"The Blessed Unrest, Sara Bareilles"

"Golden, Evelyn Ramos"

"good kid, m.A.A.d. city, Kendrick Lamar"

"The Heist, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis"

"Red, Taylor Swift"

"And the Grammy goes to." The hosts said as she unveiled the envelope in hand.

"Golden, Evelyn Ramos." My eyes widened in shock as I heard my name being called out.

I felt my eyes water as I stood up and hugged William who was standing beside me. The hug meant so much to me because it had been a hard come up. Many obstacles were faced yet here I was getting a Grammy for my first ever Album. I also turned and hugged Steve who was at my other side. The crowd was clapping and cheering as I pulled away from the hug and made my way through and up to the stage.

I went up the set of stairs and all three of the hosts gave me a hug before handing me the Award. I took it in my hands and still couldn't believe it. I felt like a winner by simply being nominated but now I felt even better because I actually won.

"Wow." I said into the mic followed by a chuckle.

I looked behind me and saw how my Album cover was up on the screens. I turned back around with a smile on my face.

"I still can't believe that I am standing here receiving this Award

"I still can't believe that I am standing here receiving this Award." I said with a small chuckle as I fixed my posture and spoke into the mic.

I saw how some people in the crowd were standing as they had stopped clapping.

"I would love to thank my peers who helped me get this Album together. It is an honor to know that my first ever Album got this much recognition. I remember I used to watch these things live from my home with my family. Here I am now up on this stage that I once dreamed to be on." I as glanced over at everyone.