12

Aura

"Mama ooooooh...didn't mean to make you cry."I sang looking at Amiri.

He just stared at me clueless "you're so cute."I pecked him all over his face "you look just like yo daddy."

Just then Antonio came out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist "man I'm hungry."

"Antonio make you a sandwich."I shrugged as my phone began ringing "we not gon' have this conversation again."

"Ion know how, I want you to make me one."

"Hello?"I answered.

"Hey it's Jamie."

"Aunt Jamie hi."I smiled turning to the big glass window.

"So today I'm having my annual family get together."

"I'm sorry I won't be able to make it."I apologised.

"No- I mean you have to come, you have to make it, I always do this get together, it's really special to me you know this."

I sighed "okay I'll see what I can do."

"Bring Amiri too, I don't understand why you would hide him from the family and also you can bring his daddy."

"I'll see if he agrees."I said.

"Okay it starts at 8, bye."

"Bye."I hung up.

"So my Aunt, Jamie is having a get together that she does every single year and she wants me to come but she asked if I could bring you and Amiri."

"Hell naw."

"Antonio come on, she asked specifically and if I miss it, I will feel guilty."

"Aight whatever mama...ion really care"he shrugged.

I put Amiri's nappy on and dressed him up, I changed my clothes and my hairstyle.

"You ready?"Antonio asked, I nodded as I looked him up and down "you going like that?"I asked him.

"Hell yeah."

"Looking like that?"I giggled.

"Hell yeah what I look like?"he looked at himself"you know I'm dripping."

"Okay Antonio, you going informal style."I picked the baby up.

I have him the directions and we drove to Aunt Jamie's.

We arrived safely and I led us into the backyard cause that's where the breakfast would take place all the time.

Obviously my parents, Lex, my brother were there as well as Aunt Jamie, her husband and their 2 kids.

"Aura darling you made it."she got up and hugged me.

"And this must be the baby I hear about"she smiled picking Amiri up "and you must be Antonio."

"Yes ma'am."he gave her a nod.

"Come along, sit."she smiled moving out of the way.

We sat down and immediately my mother started with her bullshit "so Antony."

"Antonio."I corrected her.

"Yes, whatever, what do you do for a living?"

"Drugs."Antonio shrugged.

"My typa people."my brother chuckled.

"What do you mean by that."my dad asked him.

"I'm a drug lord sir ion know what to tell you."