16

Aura

"why would you take his number though."Antonio asked as we walked into my apartment.

"Listen it's not that deep, he seems like he just wanted to be friends okay it's not like I kissed him or anything."

"Nah shawty you got me fucked up."He shook his head.

"It's not like we are dating or anything."I said and he snapped his neck at me so quick.

"Seriously I think about it everyday, you told me you loved me, you broke up with Lex not for me...but because it was something that you had to do cause morally you would be wrong to date your son's Aunt, but do you really love me? Or you said that in the heat of the moment?"I asked with my heart racing.

"You know I love you-".

"THEN WHY I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND OR SOMETHING, I'M ALWAYS PLAYING THE GIRLFRIEND, GETTING THE GIRLFRIEND BENEFITS BUT I KNOW YOU TALK TO OTHER GIRLS."I snapped cause he really thought I didn't know.

"Yeah you took that Niggas number so clearly you had something in mind."Antonio shrugged "we ain't dating or nothing so why you getting in your feels."

"You asshole."I chuckled "you the one who got in your feels about me taking a dudes number, your chest was burning and now you done flipped the script and gaslighted me into making me out to be the jealous one?"

"Guys seriously I'm tryna sleep."Yas said coming into the living room.

"Bitch what are you doing here?"

"I needed a place to sleep."she said while yawning.

I had discovered that Yas was a real junkie, she was heavy on drug use and it was bad.

"Yas go back to sleep whatever."I shooed her away, I didn't kick her out, I couldn't do that to her considering the state she was in.

She needed help.

"Aura stop tryna save everyone damn, Yas is grown she knows what she's doing to herself, you really need to stop having a good heart, that shit won't get you anywhere, you ain't Captain save a hoe"Antonio said leaning against the wall.

"She needs help, she might hurt herself."I pushed past him.

"I wanna be left alone Antonio, and since we're not dating I can talk to whoever I want, fuck whoever I want and just do anything with whoever I want.",

"Nah shawty you can't, you tripping."

"THEN CUFF ME NIGGA."

"I can't."he sighed.

"Why."

"Look I just can't, I love you so much that I'm not willing to do that to you."

"What the fuck does that mean."I asked heavy breathing.

"I don't wanna hurt you."

"No...you just don't want me, you want to control me and you want me to be your sex doll or something."I mumbled "as far as I'm concerned, I'm single...close the door on your way out."

"I know your real parents, they dead as fuck we both know this but I do know something more interesting"

I turned to him shocked "how you know I'm adopted."

"You told me one night, you was drunk and shit, it explains why you Lex look nothing alike or why y'all never got along, after you told me that I had to look into you and you ain't gon' believe what I found."

"I don't care...you went behind my back and dug into my past? Seriously Ant?"I asked.

"I had figure out what type of person you are and what your history look like, you know what I do, it's a lot of people watching me"

"Antonio tell me what you want to say."

"Aight, You got adopted when you was 12 right..I mean why would them people adopted a whole 12 year old, you know your real parents had that money, when they passed on, in the house you was living in, they left millions in the attic for you and yo grandma to find, but guess who found that money and took it and then built a million dollar empire?"he asked making me stare at him in disbelief.

"I don't believe you, how do you know this."I shook my head.

"Court cases happened, I could show you everything when your dad's homie took  them to Court, he knew what was up...buy they had all that money so they paid off the judge and just like that the charges disappeared,they only adopted you to play face so that they would take that money and no one would suspect them for it..cause they good people right? They took an orphan and gave her an opportunity to grow up in a rich family right?"he asked.

"How long have you known?"

"I been knowing for a while but I didn't wanna tell you lies, so that 'pretty girl' that I was talking to at the party? She work for me, she granted its valid, them people got rich off of yo back."