24

Aura.

"Ma'am your son will be fine, just keep this torticollis on him, he's neck is broken, he suffered a cut on his temple, we stitched him up, he'll be okay."the doctor said.

My phone began ringing, it was Lex's parents, I declined and nodded at the doctor"thank you doctor."

They kept calling me continuously but I kept declining, just then I got a call from the police station, I could tell cause my phone identification app was working overtime.

"Hello this is a collect call from park county jail for inmate Antonio black, say yes if you would like to accept"

"Yes"

"Aura...it's Antonio, I've been arrested, I told them the truth, that I killed Lex okay? That's my truth and that's your truth too, I'm the one who killed Lex take care of my son I'll be out soon."he said making tears form around my eyes.

Did he just take the fall for me.

"in my safe is about 250k the code is 826351."

Tears began rolling down my face"but why-"

"Aura just do what I said, you have my cards, go to the bank and empty my bank accounts out, I need you to get me a lawyer, a good one"

"But-."

"I gotta go."he said then the call ended.

"Ma'am are you okay?"the doctor asked me.

"Shut up."I mumbled trying to process this shit correctly "he did it for me."I said as I walked away.

I needed to do something, I was going slowly insane, I was alone I didn't even know who to ask for help.

I decided to drive to Tanasia's house, I only knew where it was because Lex would go over there and tell me all about it.

I stood in the driveway and walked up to the gate with Amiri in my arms.

2 guys guarded the gate and they immediately pointed their guns at me "please I just need to talk to Tanasia."

"Who are you ma'am?"one of them asked.

"My name is Aura."

"She didn't tell us you would be here, leave please."he said sternly.

"Please I really need to talk to her."I cried "please I'll do anything I need to talk to her "

"Do you want us to Escort-"

"Aura?"Tanasia yelled from a distance, I guess trying to see if it was really me.

I waved her over, she walked towards me with a smile on her face, her skin was glowing, everything about her was glowy.

"Aura wow I haven't seen you in a long time- are you crying?"she asked raising her brows. She turned to her guards "she can come in."

I walked inside and in silence she led me into the house, it was huge.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?"Tanasia asked looking at Amiri "what's his name?"

"No, I'm fine...this is Amiri."

"Aura, what's wrong now hunny you came in here crying with a baby I need you to tell me what happened."

I didn't know if I could trust her but this was my only shot at doing Antonio right.

"Lex is dead."

Tanasia scrunched her face up "what? Your sister is dead?"

"Yeah, I killed her"

"Yo hold onnn, hold the fuck onnn, what are you talking about."

"let me explain, we got into an argument and she basically made me send my son flying down the stairs, I was angry, I thought she had killed my baby so I grabbed Antonio's gun and killed her...and now Antonio has taken the fall for it all and I just don't know what to do."I sobbed "he needs a lawyer and I need your help to get him out of there."

Tanasia sighed "okay, that's a lot but honey I can't get him out of jail."

"Look I don't need your money...you know who you married to, you know your husband can pull some strings and Antonio will be out , please you have the power to do it."i pleaded.

"I- look Antonio and Denver never got along, Denver wouldn't do it, he just won't I'm sorry but the only thing I can do for you is get him a good lawyer and hope that things turn out great."she said as I shook my head.

"No look I need him to get out, I need him out, okay... ANTONIO IS AMIRI'S FATHER, THIS IS MY SON."I semi yelled.

Her eyes widened "this is Antonio's son? When did this happen- can I hold him?"she asked, I nodded and gave Amiri to her.

I could see she still felt something for Antonio even if it was just a little.

"My son can't grow up without his father, he took the fall for something that I did, I can't live with myself okay I'm not okay mentally and I haven't fed him since we came back from the hospital."

"Rosalia, please make a bottle of formula."Tanasia said to the house helper.

"I never knew Antonio had a son."she shook her head "he has his eyes."

"Are you gonna help me or not?"I asked.

"Aura I'm not promising anything, my husband and Antonio don't get along, they never have, the only way he can walk free is if you bribe the judge-"

"Exactly and your husband has the power to do that Tanasia you have to help me, please if I even attempt to do that I'll be locked up and you know it....you are married to a Riven, you are married into the Riven family you know how much power they have"

"I'll see what I can do, I'm not making any promises."

"Okay we'll get going."

"No"Tanasia shook her head "Aura you are not in the right state of mind, you haven't even fed this little boy in hours, you can stay in our guest house for now."

"I don't want your charity."

"It's not charity Aura I've known you my whole life, you're like one of my sisters and you know that."

"Okay then I'll go, can you stay with him?"I asked her making her sigh "Aura you know I can't-"

"Please okay, he's not safe with me...I just killed someone Tanasia Infront of him, I need to go for some air, I'll be back later."

"Aura, I understand that maybe you though Alex killed your baby but why did you react the way you did...why did you kill her?"

Now I have to tell the story...from the night I met Antonio.