32

Aura

"Y'all both wrong I don't care."Yas shook her head.

"You're supposed to be on my side."I rolled my eyes "you know? Like not tell me I'm wrong too."

"I know but I'll be on your side when he around but come on it's not like he threw away his only child, well I hope that's his only child, he wanted y'all to go with him, you said no, yes you did a pretty good job with the boy but now he's back and he feels like it's his turn to raise the baby."Yas said "so he not alllll the way wrong he like 16 miles wrong."

"Antonio? Raise a child? You must be still on that crack."

"Aura be for real at the time that he left no one thought you could ever raise a child, I thought you was gon' raise a lil goblin or a gremlin."

"I'll take that as a compliment."I sighed "Yas he called me unstable."

"You look pretty fine to me, even if you are which I think you are when triggered by people, you never let it affect Amiri."

"I'm pretty stable."I frowned.

"You pushed me down the stairs."

"You still not over that."I laughed "I was just..in love at the time, I really thought things were gon' go my way and I was gon' be happy."

"You nearly killed me but I forgive you, you was lost over some dick...you found now."she chuckled.

"Thank you, for the talk."I mumbled.

"You're welcome."she nodded as I heard the door bell ring.

"Let me just get that."I got up and put my shoes on and headed to the door.

I opened it and to my surprise it was Antonio and Amiri.

"Ma."he hugged me.

"Hey baby."I smiled hugging him tightly.

"I have so much to tell you."he said as we pulled apart.

"Why don't you tell Aunty Yas so long while I talk to your dad huh?"I asked.

"Okay."he nodded running inside.

"Antonio."

"I'm sorry."he said "for everything and how it went down, I'm sorry."

"No really I should apologise-"

"Aura stop."he cut me off "look I should apologise, I'm sorry I just didn't imagine shit would pan out the way it did and shit."

"Yeah shit comes crashing down all the times."

"How have you been?"he asked.

"I bought a car."I gave him a small smile "I was really proud of myself, I got a job too."

"And you cut your hair too."he said looking at it.

"You noticed, it wasn't really a big chop."

"How was Mexico?"I asked "any interesting developments happen there?"

"Nah."he shook his head "it was cool."

"You didn't have any other babies and stuff, it's been 5 years."

"I didn't know the girls over there enough to have babies with them."

"You literally had one with me, from a one night stand."I said "and to you it was just another night."

"To this day ion remember shit from that day."he chuckled "I don't know."

"Did you ever feel a thing?"I asked "when you left, did you miss me?"