34

2 days later

Antonio

I knocked on the door for the 5th time and still I got no response.

Fuck it, I opened the door and to my luck it wasn't locked.

All I could hear was music playing through out the crib.

I walked into the living room and Aura was sitting on the floor chucking a bottle of Hennessy.

"Yo what the fuck A."I took the bottle from her "yo I coulda had Amiri with me man"

"What are you doing here."she asked getting up, looking more tipsy than drunk.

"I tried calling you and you didn't answer, I got worried but I guess Ian got shit to worry bout cause you aight"

"Oh so you care about me?"she giggled "quit making shit up, like you know t-that I'm a fucking Trainwreck you only treat me like this cause I'm your baby mama."

"If I could...i would save you from you."I said "this ain't the way to express yourself we have a son for fuck sake."

"Antonio you are in no position to tell me about my son...you fucking left me when I needed you and you told me 3 years Antonio...3 fucking years and you only come back now after 5 years."she said "I fucking needed you."

"I gave you options Aura..I told you to come with me."I shook my head.

"You could've fucking stayed here with me nigga."she mumbled "I fucking hate you"

"you don't mean that you probably just drunk"

"Oh yeah?"she laughed "I don't know you think I'm drunk? I don't think I'm drunk I think I'm perfectly sober."

"Come on...let's go."I said taking her hand and leading her to the bathroom. I took off her shirt and her shorts leaving her in her bra and underwear.

"I already took a shower."she slurred.

"That ain't what this is about."I said turning on the shower, letting cold water run.

"Get in."

She went inside and hugged her body as she shivered from the cold water hitting her skin.

"Stay in there I'm finna come check you in a while or come out when you feel less intoxicated."I mumbled, not waiting on her response, i left the room and shut the door.

After about 20 minutes I went into the kitchen and made her a cup of coffee.

It's like fucking 10 in the morning and she's off the rails.

I'm grateful she didn't turn to drug abuse to fight her demons... I've seen that shit completely finish a person.

20 minutes later

"I thought you would be gone by now."I heard Aura say behind me.

"I turned around seeing her with only a towel wrapped around her body.

"I made you this."I gave her the coffee.

She took a sip and scrunched her face up "I just brushed my teeth, it tastes so weird."she chuckled "but it's strong I like it."

"I'm finna get going."I said seeing my way out before she did it for me.

"I want you to stay, don't leave me."she walked towards me.

She sighed "can we go sit down? Please?"

I nodded and followed her to her room.

"Where's Amiri?"

"He's with your nana, he safe."I said.

"I'm sorry for all the hurtful shit I said, I didn't mean any of it."she mumbled

"I think you did."I chuckled.

"I love you on a human level...its not the same as back in the days when I was crazy in love...Ant even all those other nights when you left me and persued a different girl that wasn't me...I still loved you regardless."

"You should've never left home and went to the club that night."I said and she frowned.

"What do you mean."

"I ruined ya life, I got in between you and your sister, and now she's dead, you had to be a mother too and we didn't even know each others last names...it all started as a one night stand"

"Don't say that...Lex and I didn't get along,you didn't know we were sisters because she never spoke about me and she threatened our child okay I did what I had to do...if you didn't come into my life I would've probably ended it all, Amiri gave me a reason to keep going and you wanna tell me that I should've never gone out to the club that night?"

"Exactly"

"You ain't half the man you think you are...the apologizing needs to stop this is the reality okay? I'm tired of the sorrys I'm tired of the I'll do betters but you telling me you wish you never met me is an all time low honestly fuck you there's the door and don't forget to bring my son back home today"

"Aura honestly grow the fuck up, you like 25 and you still going on like you use to, I'm grown as fuck I ain't got time for the drama, you finna call me when you ready for a real heart to heart grown conversation."I stood up"I only came here cause I was worried about you."

"You don't give a fuck about me."She said making me turn out.

"Are you serious right now? All the shit I did for you, all the shit I do for you, fuck Aura I kept you out of jail...I did that, I got you a place I fucking took care of you, I never stopped."

"You did all that shit because of I was the mother of your child Ant we both know if I was just your girlfriend you wouldn't of done shit for me."

"You crazy...Lex was right about you."

"Really?"she chuckled "fuck you."

"Fuck you too shawty fuck you think this is."

She walked towards me and slapped me across the face "fuck you how does that feel."

I chuckled and stared her down "go put some clothes on."

I slightly pushed passed her and headed for the door.

"I love you."she whispered making me stop in my tracks, I didn't turn around this time I just opened the door and left.

I love her too but right now was not the best time to reignite sparks.

(Y'all I'm so sorry for the long break I done took, I'll be more consistent but I'm also losing interest in continuing this story 😭 but at the same time it's my baby.