Chapter Sixty-Six

Author's Note:

It's me! Seriously, I can't believe it's been two months. Time is flying, you guys. I just have a few things to say before I'll let you go...First of all, 1,000 followers. Is this real life???? Thank you, thank you, thank you! To those of you who have been around since the beginning, I'm sure you remember when getting a couple hundred views and maybe a follower or two a week was a big deal. This is insane to me. I never expected this story to be where it is today. I won't ever forget you guys are the reason why! Second of all, send me some messages, leave me some comments! I like talking to you all. Let me know what you think about the story, any suggestions you have, or even just say hello. I'll get back to you, even if it takes a few days.

Okay, that's all. Here's the new chapter. I hope you enjoy! Oh, and a disclaimer: the chapter is rated 'M' for a very sexual reason. You can skip it, no biggie. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Love you guys!

PS- ONE MORE THING

I've had a few people ask me to do a Q and A, so I've agreed. Send me a message with your question and next week I'll post a new story with all the questions and my answers. Ask me anything- about my stories, my writing, my life, whatever you want. I'm an open book.

Try to send me the message before Friday next week (I think that's May 29th? Not sure sorry, lol)

--

"What do you mean by 'he let her go'?" I asked uneasily, crossing my arms over my chest.

Daryl leaned back against the wall, shutting his eyes. He looked tense all over, which told me that he was just as upset about it as I was but trying harder not to show it. "Exactly what it sounds like, Charlie. She messed up, he cut her loose."

I pushed my hand through my hair before letting it fall back to my side. I was torn. On one hand, I was mad. Carol was more a part of this group than I was. She'd been there from the start. She'd been there for me when I didn't know who else to turn to. Yet, on the other hand, I could see Rick's side of things. Reluctantly, though, which made me feel a little guilty. She'd killed two people. "She was just doing what she thought was best for the group." I said out loud, more for myself than Daryl.

He let out a sigh, pushing himself off the wall. The metal frame of the bed squeaked as he sat down next to me, his arm brushing against mine. "Ain't you the one who used to tell me what's best ain't always what's right?" He perked an eyebrow and I turned away, frowning at the cement floor.

"Yeah," I admitted, pausing for a second before continuing. "I know I don't agree with what she did...but I wouldn't have just sent her off by herself. It's Carol." My eyes flickered back to Daryl.

He nodded. "I know."

"I was kinda counting on her to be here." I said quietly. "For when the baby came." Because I sure as hell didn't know anything about taking care of such a tiny human. The thought of Carol, a mother, not being there to guide me in the right direction made me more nervous than I already was.

I felt Daryl's arm around my shoulders, gently pulling me into his side. Then his lips brushed the top of my head. "We'll figure it out together. So stop worrying."

I turned my head and nuzzled my face into crooked of his neck, inhaling him. The familiar muskiness of his scent always made me feel better, safer. "Fine." I finally exhaled, defeated. I pressed my lips against the warmth of his neck.