𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢

humming filled the air as the (h/c) haired girl stood in front of the mirror- putting band-aids on her face as she hummed to the tune of a song she randomly heard on the radio.

there wasn't much damage on her face except for the two bruises on her cheek. she was grateful osanai didn't hit her square in the nose instead.

after feeling satisfied, y/n leaned back to observe how she looks.

from her usual bandaged chest to the cargo pants she was wearing- she felt beautiful and powerful at the same time.

her eyes landed on the necklace around her neck, it was a simple initial necklace that she wore with pride whenever she can.

the letter M embezzled with shiny faux diamonds glistened under the afternoon sunlight, making her smile at the fond memories of the boy who gave it to her.

her mind drifted off to when she met mikey- absentmindedly smiling as she continued preparing for the day.

it was a rainy sunday evening. no one was seen walking on the streets as the crickets echoed throughout the quiet night.

a bored 14-year old mikey was walking by after just beating up some thugs who thought it was a good idea to challenge toman's president.

he was soaked to the bone as he kept walking the dimly lit streets, not caring if he caught a cold the next morning.

manjiro sighed, he should've called up draken- but his phone was unfortunately dead.

he didn't care about it though, because no one would dare approach him in a weather like this. and no one is dumb enough to go out- so he has the whole streets to himself.

that's what he thought- until he passed by the playground when he heard someone punching something.

despite it being pouring, his curiosity got the best of him as he checked the area until his eyes landed on a figure who was busy punching the tire swings.

his eyes adjusted to the figure, who was luckily standing just beside a street lamppost- where he got a closer look at them.

his eyes widened in the realization that the figure was a female- who seemed to be in a much more terrible state than he was.

they were wearing a school uniform- which means thin skirts and blouses. she was lucky to be wearing some sort of cardigan as she continued to assault the tire.

he saw her (h/c) hair on a bun that was falling off- signifying that they'd been at it for a couple of minutes.

mikey didn't know what was happening. why the girl was there all alone, punching an inanimate object under the rain.

he didn't know whether to approach her, but seeing how blood started to stick to the punching object, mikey decided to butt in.

"oi. stop it already." he said, approaching the girl who abruptly turned to look at him.

he saw bloodshot (e/c) eyes, furious ones at that.

she was heavily breathing- putting down her arms on her sides as she groaned.

"fuck off, yeah?" mikey's eyes widened at the attitude this girl was giving him- he was only concerned about her hands and this is what he receives?

the girl didn't give him a second to respond before going back to her assault on the poor tire swing.

mikey felt his eye twitch in annoyance. no one ever turned their backs on him when he was talking to them- and no one ever curses him off.

he had enough of this childish nonsense that she was doing to herself.

mikey caught the girl's arm mid-punch and pulled her towards him.

he looked into her confused and irritated eyes as he flicked her forehead.

"let me take you home. because it seems like you don't have the plan to go by yourself."

she laughed at the memory- shocked that mikey didn't curb stomp her that very moment because of her sheer idiocracy for not realizing that he was a leader of some big shot gang

her thoughts quickly faded as a knock was heard.

"y/n! it's time to go!" a voice can be heard behind the closed doors- giving her an idea of who the person might be.

grinning to herself- she quickly took her angel's jacket from her bed as she bounded towards the exit of her apartment.

it was convenient that she had her own place to stay because that means that she was free to go any time and can return whenever she feels like it.

"mikey!"

her boyfriend looked at her with a slightly annoyed face as he took her hand and walked away from her place.

"took you long enough." he grumbled, letting go of her hand after they were a distance from the apartment as he placed it inside his pocket.

"well i'm sorry! i was too caught up with daydreaming." y/n said, wrapping her arms around mikey's as they walked side by side.

"about what?"

"about when we first met." she said, a smile on her face that made mikey go berserk on the inside. he gave her a small smile as he wrapped the arm that she was clinging to on her shoulders.

"still couldn't believe that you swore at me like that." he laughed, making y/n stomp at his foot as she walked in front of him.

the two were on their way to takemichi's place to check up on him after passing out yesterday.

(e/c) eyes studied the boy beside her, making sure that he was okay before humming to herself.

"you and draken still at it?" she said, waiting for a response but mikey kept quiet beside her.

she knew of the fight that the two captains had yesterday- which caused a whole breakout inside the gang.

despite the soft look that mikey gave her, she knew how much it pains him to argue with his best friend like that.

she didn't say anything after that, just wrapping an arm around his as they walked to the takemichi residence in silence.

as they turned the corner, they didn't expect draken to already be there. he looked like he was just leaving.

takemichi was behind him with a shocked and scared look on his face. she noticed the other four second years on the second floor as they looked at them with scared looks.

oh right. if mikey was with her, and draken was there. and the two just fought yesterday- yeah she can see why they'd be scared.

she quickly pulled away from him as he glared at draken who glared back with the same intensity.

"what are you doing here?"

y/n walked up to takemichi who still had that look on her face. she didn't bother to tease him about it as she just sighed at the two in front of her.

"you guys better not break anything or i will make you pay."