𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

the shrine was bustling with men, women, and children alike- enjoying their night before the year ended, waiting for a new one to blossom and start all over again.

in the case of our favorite couple, the two were both walking hand in hand alongside emma and draken.

they were all standing in front of a shop that sells emas. and being the childish kids that they were, the four decided to go write their wishes on the small wooden planks that they bought.

"y/n, what did you write?" emma asked, looking over y/n's shoulder to take a peek at what the female had written.

the (h/c) haired girl was quick to cover her wish, looking over her shoulder and poking her tongue out at the girl.

"you shouldn't do that or else it wouldn't come true!"

chuckling was heard behind them as mikey and draken looked at the two in admiration- although the tall blond knew how to hide his feelings well.

the two had already finished writing their wish and were just waiting for the girls to finish so that they could go to the main shrine and wait for midnight to arrive.

"y/n, you'll smudge your wish if you cover it like that." mikey said, walking over to the female who immediately took her hand off her ema.

the (h/c) haired female was quick to blow on her writings, not wanting to smudge it and ruin her beautiful penmanship.

emma sighed beside her as she walked back to draken, motioning her brother and friend to follow along.

"let's go. it's almost midnight, we wouldn't want to waste our time standing in front of a shop."

y/n nodded as she took mikey by the hand and followed the two in front of them. the gesture was nothing but an act of impulse- the female being used to holding onto the male's hand whenever they were going somewhere.

whether she's used to it or not, it doesn't mean that mikey was used to the subtle pda that they were doing- which explains why he had a blush on his face while they were weaving through the sea of people.

normally in scenarios like this, it's the girl who gets flustered whenever their crush or partner holds their hands- but in this case, the infamous 'invincible mikey' was more vulnerable when it comes to the (h/c) haired girl.

his dark eyes landed at their intertwined hands, sharing each other's warmth to keep the cold from ever kissing their skin. a small smile was etched on his face as he looked at the female in front of him.

this was the same one who he fell in love with over a year ago- the one who went out of her way just to keep him happy and his friends safe.

and he would be more than willing to do the same if it means that he'll keep her alive.

"mikey, you alright?" the blond snapped out of his daydreaming to see y/n looking at him with concern.

mikey smiled at her, removing his hand from hers only to loop an arm around her shoulders.

"i wouldn't be any better."

(e/c) eyes narrowed at the male but softened when he only gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"my emaaaaaaa!" the group of four looked to their side and saw a desperate-looking takemichi going after his own wooden plank.

"your emma?"

y/n stifled her laughter, looking to the side to avoid making eye contact with the male in fear that she'd burst out laughing. behind the poor male was the rest of their friends, all dressed in traditional clothing and were all with their own group.