𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

it's been a week since the big showdown last august third....

and thanks to the rumors- i've become the "man of the hour" overnight!

takemichi walked smugly as he entered the hospital, earning weird looks from the nurses and patients who was in the lobby.

it wasn't because of his actions- no. it was because of the weird outfit he had on.

no one had the heart to tell the poor boy about his poor fashion sense, letting him walk inside the elevator to visit his friend.

he entered the room with a smile, walking in confidently.

"y/n! how are you?" he couldn't sense the other's in the room as the female stifled her laugh.

"oi takemitchy, quit acting like a jackass!" draken sighed as he sat down the sofa beside mikey, who looked at his odd combination of clothing.

"you look so dumb right now." f/n insulted bluntly, continuing to force feed y/n her yogurt as she glanced at the male.

poor takemichi felt his world crash as he looked inside the room. he expected mikey to be there- but draken and f/n?

"h-how am i a jackass?!" he questioned, closing the door behind him as draken irked.

"you literally have it written all over you man." y/n laughed, seeing at how annoyed draken was at takemichi's actions earlier.

when takemichi walked closer, draken bonked him on the head as he huffed.

"when someone gives you an inch, don't take a mile you shit head."

"it's lame." y/n and f/n said at the same time, making takemichi sweat.

"you guys don't understand... THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE HAS LOOKED UP TO ME! LET ME LIVE A LITTLE WILL YA." everyone in the room sweat dropped at his statement.

"that sounds depressing." draken mumbled.

"you guys are no fun!"

mikey looked up to takemichi as he took out a bag from beside the bed, handing it to him as the male took out the usual gang uniform.

"a uniform?"

"I don't care if you wear it or not, but think of it as a token of my gratitude- for saving y/n's life. you too, kenchin." the short blond boy smiled at the two as he stood up.

everyone's eyes widened as the male bowed down to the two, who was shell shocked at the sight.

"thank you. for helping her."

"mikey-" y/n softly called out, trying to reach out for him if it wasn't for the cables attached to her.

"take care of that uniform- you're toman's savior." he continued, standing up straight as he patted takemichi on the shoulders.

takemichi admired the uniform, holding it against the light as he studied the intricate details of the embroidery.

"by the way takemitchy, wanna head out with me for a bit?" mikey asked, motioning towards the door as he slowly nodded, following him out the room.

"we'll be back."

the two of them walked at the rooftop, enjoying the air as mikey walked in front of a hesitant takemichi

the male sat down at a platform as he looked at takemichi.

"to be honest with you, i can't rest." he began, making the male question his words.

"i can't shake this weird feeling. why did hanma start a conflict with toman? what's he thinking?"

"why did he get kiyomasa and his group involve... to attempt and murder kenchin?"

takemichi stayed silent, letting mikey voice out his thoughts.

"but here's what i can't seem to understand- you knew about the conflict and knew that kenchin was supposed to be stabbed, and you tried to prevent the two from happening if it weren't for y/n taking the hit."

he's onto me!

"what the hell are you?" mikey stood up as he looked at takemichi dead in the eyes, making the make gulp as his nerves started to act up.

mikey had this look in his eyes that takemichi couldn't quite pin, but it's something that stirred fear inside of him.

don't tell me he found out!

"what the hell is up with that outfit?" he was dumbfounded at the change of tone in mikey's voice, his eyes softening.

mikey just sighed and laugh as he stepped closer to the male.

"whatever, at least kenchin is saved... but y/n." he muttered the last part, sticking his hand out for the male to shake.

"thank you for saving kenchin- but at the same time not since y/n was the one who got hurt but we'll talk about that later."

the two shook hands, as takemichi bid the male good bye.

mikey walked back in y/n's room and saw her all alone. she turned towards him as she motioned him over.

"draken got called by emma about helping her with groceries, and f/n needed to work overtime today." she explained the absences of their friends as mikey laid his head on the mattress, sighing as he closed his eyes.

the two of them basked in each other's presence, y/n combing through mikey's blond locks as he sighed in relief.

"i'm sorry, mikey." she apologized, making the male look at her.

"i'm sorry for worrying you." she offered him a smile as mikey pinched her cheeks, causing her to pout.

"sorry isn't going to cut it. you worried me to death you know." he whispered, sitting up next to her in the bed as he leaned his forehead on her shoulder.

"i'm grateful that you saved kenchin but- you just can't do that." y/n felt his figure shake as she held him in her arms.

mikey was known for not showing vulnerability in front of his gang members, even his closest friends. but to y/n, he felt comfortable being himself around her.

"i could've lost you-! kenchin told me how you went to cardiac arrest and-!" he cried as y/n soothed him.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry mikey."

she placed her hands on his shoulders as she pulled him off to look at him in his eyes, frowning at the sight of him crying.

she leaned their foreheads together as she closed her eyes.

"you're the reason i'm here right now mikey."

"even if i go to hell and back, i'd always try and make my way back into your arms."

takemichi stood in front of the tachibana residence as he knocked on the door.

draken is safe, the mission is complete.

but, i'll miss spending my time with them.

hina opened the door to the sight of her boyfriend.

"you always show up at the most random times, takemichi!" the male rubbed the back of his neck as he apologized.

"sorry!"