Reunions

The ships have been arriving in Arendelle en masse, the sails of each vessel bore the colours of their respective kingdom of origin. Down the ramps strode royalties, nobilities, the wealthy and folks of high esteem. A few guests arrived by coach from inland but in the end, ships were the most popular form of travel.

Anna stood monitoring the arrival of each ship. From the palace balcony the queen studied the colours and insignia of every vessel mentally naming each one as they docked. She was however most excited for her cousin's ship but couldn't seem to find it yet.

For years since The Great Thaw Anna and Rapunzel have keenly written to one another and exchanging short visits of pleasantries. Their two kingdoms thus became the most steadfast of allies and Anna could not wait to see her cousin again and introduce her new baby girl.

A few garbled noises from the bedroom behind drew Anna's attention, she made her way back inside to check on her now one month old daughter.

"Aww. You awake now?" Anna cooed. Lifting the baby from the crib. "I'm sure glad you are a good sleeper. Not at all like your big brother was." Anna laughed.

Kristoff walked over to his girls while holding Aidan up from under the boy's arms.

"Lucky us eh? She sleeps like you." Kristoff teased and Anna scoffed, playfully kicking at her husband.

Something caught little Aidan's eyes, the toddler boy began to laugh and point to the skies. 

"Whoa ho kiddo. What's up?" Kristoff asked.

 The couple followed the direction their son was pointing at and...

"Oh. My. GAWD!" Anna squealed.

•••

The Mega Blimp sailed over the Arendellian coastal mountains and cliffs towards the fjord. It was a ship held in the air by a single blimp in the center and four hot air balloons. Steam powered propellers and Flynnolium fuelled boosters rocketing the great craft to unprecedented speeds. For a short while all witnesses found their eyes glued to the incredible flying ship. Slowly the craft decelerated and descended into its reserved bay.

"You can relax now Frederic. We've landed safely." Arianna comforted.

"Relax? I've been relaxed the whole time." Frederic assured. Though his strained smile, white knuckles and sweaty forehead betrayed his claims. And honestly no one believed Frederic anyway.

"Come on dad, the ramp is lowered. Let's go!" Rapunzel chirped. She picked up the twins and practically skipped down the ramp while Eugene carried the stroller.

With more than a little pull from his wife Frederic hesitantly released his hold on the rails not realising his grip actually left dents on the wood.

•••

A short distance away, a solitary figure watched the Coronans make landfall. 

"Finally, the last of the attendants have arrived." The figure spoke to herself. 

She then turned towards the gates where the Arendellian Queen and Prince Consort greeted each of their guests with warm smiles. The stranger's features fell. 

"It is most disheartening to know that in just mere months from now, all of this will be rubble and ash."

"Would be." She corrected with a smile.

•••

At the city gates Anna, Kristoff and Elsa were happily receiving their family. "Uncle Frederic! My gosh I am so happy you're here, and to see you in such good health." Anna said.