Children Of New Beginnings

Welcome back everyone!

A big Thank You to BlackSteel 460 for the encouragement and continued support.

And finally here is the 7th chapter;

Children of New beginnings.

•••

The screen showed the picturesque small city of what is now famously known as Old Corona. The audience became enthralled and rightfully so. Mind boggling steam powered contraptions and mechanical marvels lined the busy streets.

In the seven years that have passed since Varian became the kingdom's royal engineer, Old Corona has established itself on the map as the leading City of the Future.

The Coronan royal family turned and smiled at the man and mind behind it all, pride written all over their faces. Varian blushed, as many of the audience, many whom were leaders and royalties from around the world finally got to see his works.

A far cry from the once neglected and humble old farm town that was always overshadowed by the island city. Trade has grown like never before, bringing much wealth to the kingdom. Pilgrims and travellers arrive everyday, travellers from all over the world journey to witness and study Varian's brilliant ingenuities.

Two certain individuals have even traversed time and space to visit Old Corona.

"There we are, young travellers. This should keep yourselves and the rest of your group well fed." Quirin smiled.

The head of the town placed two large bags of groceries onto the counter of his fruit and vegetable stand. His two customers each picked up a bag, the girl had a little trouble with her bag as she appeared to only have one arm but the boy was quick to assist, helping fit the bag into her backpack.

"Thanks Novak." Neoma smiled at her companion, then she turned back to Quirin. "And thank you very much master Quirin."

Varian made an exited squeek, a huge smile split his face. The excitement of introducing the audience to Old Corona was already forgotten, for nothing brought him greater joy than to see Neoma and Quirin meet.

Elsa noticed the engineer bouncing in his seat and gave Cassandra a questioning smile. Cassandra simply laughed. 

"That's Quirin, Varian's father and Neoma's paternal grandfather." She explained.

"I see." Elsa chuckled.

"By the way, are the rumours true? Earlier this morning did the King Father awake fully recovered and healthy?" Quirin asked.

"He sure did, smiling and laughing with his subjects." Neoma chirped.

"That's great!." Quirin sighed in relief. "Frederic is an old friend of mine, I am so glad to hear that he is well. Thank you for the wonderful news, here have a cabbage on the house."

Novak stepped forward to receive the cabbage. "These are the finest vegetables I've ever seen." Novak complimented.

"Why thank you, young man. Our kingdom is blessed with clean waters and an abundance of healthy sunlight." Quirin looked to his fields proudly.

"That's good to hear, we don't get much sunlight where we come from." Neoma said and Quirin could see the girl's shoulders sag.

"But luckily my dad made these cool Ultraviolet lights to keep our plants healthy." Neoma suddenly cheered up.

"Impressive. Your father sounds like a very smart man I bet my son would love to meet him." Said Quirin.

"Oh I'm sure my dad and your son have a lot in common." Neoma laughed.