Double Doom

Chapter 10

Double Doom

•••

The seven teens stood dumbfounded on the docks of Iluka.

"We're busted." Novak muttered.

The Mermaid Princess who had heard everything they said raised herself onto the wooden platform upon a levitating pillar of water, an ability once only performed by the Sea King. With a wave of her magical quindent, sparkling magic engulfed the girl and a second later, Melody stood before the Heroic Seven having reverted back to her human form.

"I was really excited and I wanted to test the magics of the quindent, so I got out of bed early the next morning to practice." Melody explained to her parents. She smiled at the screen "And that's when I met them."

"Is it really true?" Melody asked. "Please tell me. Is my kingdom in danger!?" She asked them with pleading eyes, not just as a princess but as a girl desperate to protect her home and those she loves.

"Umm, give us a moment, please?" Wrenn asked.

"HUDDLE!"

The group huddled as they usually do.

"Well that was unexpected!" Exclaimed Amelia.

Eri blurted. "Alright, snap decision moment of truth. So what do you all think of Melody?"

Aidan, Flynn and Novak grinned at one another then in unison the three boys cheered: "MELODY'S REALLY HOT!"

Melody let out a squeek. The half mermaid clasped her hands over her cheeks, her face becoming flushed red. Ariel burst out laughing, many in the audience chuckled.

Amelia, Wrenn, Neoma and Eri wasted no time giving each of the three boys a hard kick to the shins. Aidan, Flynn and Novak yelped and hobbled under the assault.

Whilst still struggling to contain her laughs, Ariel passed an approving wink and a nod at Anna, Rapunzel and Lady Caine.

Though Eric did raise an eyebrow he was otherwise unperturbed about the thought of boys and his daughter. Indeed unlike Eugene, Kristoff and Varian, Eric actually encourages it. Being a social outcast, Melody had a lot of trouble interacting with other kids growing up. Bringing down the wall and opening Melody to the truth of her connection to the sea had done wonders bringing her out to the community.

Plus Eric had absolutely no problems with Aidan, Flynn and Novak.

At the other table, Anna, Rapunzel, Elsa and everyone seated all chuckled at the interactions.

"Lucky girl. She has not one, or two, but THREE princes with eyes for her!" Elsa laughed. She wasn't too sure though if Novak technically counts as a prince, but she certainly thinks he deserves that title.

Melody continued to watch the group from a few yards away. 

"I wonder what they're talking about." She tilted her head slightly and spoke as though there was someone beside her.

"You're right, this is very important. I'm sure they'll need to put in a lot of thought before deciding." Melody replied seemingly to no one.

This strange behaviour raised a few eyebrows.

"Toss it?" Asked Novak. He held up a coin.