The Spire

Chapter 8

The Spire.

The audience watched a dirigible sailing over the beautiful sunrise. The small airship proceeded to leave the borders of Corona towards the open valleys beyond.

Cassandra's eyebrows peaked and she looked passed Elsa towards her husband. "Varian, isn't that the airship that was stolen?"

Varian's jaw dropped.

Everyone turned to look at Varian, then stared back at the screen.

Amelia stood over the craft's bow observing the vast landscape. With the wind whipping her ponytail and scarf she revelled the feeling with jovial excitement. 

"I'M THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD! " She cheered, raising her fist in the air. "WOOH!"

The other six teens paused to look at Amelia then shook their heads and returned to their activities. 

Novak was at the helm steering the airship while Aidan stood beside him with a map, the two boys were discussing their next destination and fastest route of reaching it.

Flynn and Wrenn sat at the stern, from the rear of the craft the twins watched their beloved homeland as it slowly shrank in the distance.

Rapunzel sighed with regret. She was sorry to see her children leaving home after only a short stay. But the kids have a mission to fulfil, and Rapunzel knew they would not dally in their task.

Wrenn made a quick sketch of the island city on her journal; the Plus Est En Vous gifted by her mother. There was also a sketch of herself and Flynn standing over Frederic and Arianna, and then a picture with Frederic smiling and flexing his biceps.

"She has your skills." Elsa complimented.

Rapunzel smiled.

Eri and Neoma sat at the centre of the craft, the two girls were busy tinkering some strange gadget of Neoma's design. Eri looked up at the blunette with concern in her eyes. 

"Um Neoma, are you sure you're alright with stealing this airship from your father?" Eri asked.

••• Meanwhile •••

Varian is seen slumped over and sleeping on his desk at his workshop, when suddenly.

"Varian, wake up!" Cassandra came rushing in with baby Neoma in her arms. "We've been robbed!"

"GAH! What!? ROBBED!?" The master engineer jolted up and comically fell out of his seat. "Who, what, when, where, why, how!?"

Several guards including the captain rushed in as well. Quirin is seen outside talking to Stan.

"One of your dirigibles was reported leaving the kingdom. The thief or thieves involved know how to fly your airships!" The Captain explained. "I've always warned you about your questionable crew."

"Ugh, way to jump to conclusions." The Stabbingtons scoffed.

"I don't believe this." Varian groaned. He placed his gloved hand over his head, that's when they noticed there was a letter taped to his glove.

Cassandra took the letter with her free hand. "It's from the thief." Her eyes narrowed.

"It says. Dear Master Varian. I apologize for taking one of your airships and a few of your materials without your consent. But please know that it is for a very important task and they will be put to good use. I have no money to offer for your troubles but I did leave two horses behind as compensation." Cassandra read.