13

Sun Ray's peep through the window in the room on the couple laying in the bed covered with comforter.

Anirudh was laying on one side of the bed while Bondita on the other side of the bed with a small distance between their bodies. But right hand of Anirudh was interwoven to the left hand of Bondita and their interwhined was placed in between them as the sign of their coming beautiful story where they'll be side by side to each other.

As Anirudh opened his eyes, his heart filled up with the warmth with the sight of his beautiful wife, sleeping carelessly and freely on their bed. His left hand reach to caress her cheek but stopped on the track seeing dried tear marks on her face.

His heart filled with guilt remembering how strictly he had behaved with her. And then her pleas to not hit her, broke his heart again.

Carefully he stood up from the bed, making sure to not wake her up and made his way to washroom.

After doing his daily bathroom routine and taking a fresh shower, he comes out only to see Bondita standing near the window, in her thoughts with her back to him.

Hesitantly but trying to sound normal, he asked, "Why are you standing? Come, sit here, in the bed."

Hearing his voice, she came out of her thoughts but didn't went back to bed. On noticing her refusal to sit back, Anirudh himself went near her.

"I don't know what has gotten onto my mind last night. I could never think of doing something like that to you." He said, his voice full of regret and guilt.

Bondita gave a sad laugh. Only if he know what she has been through all her life. "It's alright. I am used to all these. You could have hit me and it wouldn't have mattered." She said, as tears filled her eyes.

Anirudh immediately cut her off. "It will never happen dear. I would never do something like that again. Just tell me, who had filled up your mind about divorce yesterday night?" His voice was stern by the end of the question.

A sudden panic wash over her face and she started shaking her head. "No one. No one. I had said it myself."

"But why Bondita?"

"Didn't you know what has happened yesterday? Didn't you know Saudamini's condition and her ammi's condition? Even taai Jaan, your ammi, is not happy. It will be for everyone's good, If we end this relation." Bondita said.

Again Anirudh went furious. He held her by her forearms but this time a little gently and asked, "Can't you think about yourself for once, Bondita? For once?"

"I will. I will. One day." She said as she have determined look but tears weren't stopping.

"Okay. Let's not think about all this. Come here with me and sit here." Anirudh said as he look at her tears and try to distract her from all this non sense.

He held her hand as gently as any person could and made her sit at the edge of the bed. He went to table and came back with a pink rose and the chain he was about to give her last night.

"This..." He said, looking at the chain, "this chain. I didn't bring this the keep it in the table."

"Give me. Let me wear it." She said trying to take the chain.

"Let me put it for you." He said ,taking away his hand. His hands went behind her neck and pushed her hairs on one side of the shoulder, revealing her beautiful, white, bare neck and little shoulder.

As his hands touched her skin ever so softly, her whole body thudded under his touch. She clutched her dress in fist, not wanting to turn jelly.

He put the chain around her neck and hooked it slowly taking his own time.