Part 9. The Meeting.

THE DARK TOWER ENTRANCE.

"There he is! The Ultimate Slayer! Wonder if he's got those two girls in his car." Nitro said as he stood in the snow with Ravage, Star, and Knight as Phantom's car slowed to a stop in front of them.

"Brother, where's the two demons?" Knight asked as Phantom hopped out of his car. "I let them go for now." Phantom said, shocking the other Dark Core Leaders. "You didn't gut em? Why!?" Ravage demanded.

"Maybe them girls too much for our demon hunter! You know, Big Dawg, I'm good with giving them attention!" Nitro said. "Why did you let them go?" Knight asked curiously. "Because... they were protecting him." Phantom said as Danny jumped out of the car and ran to his parents.

"Mom! Dad!" He said as he ran faster. "Danny!" Knight and Star said in unison as they dropped to their knees to hug their son. "They protected the kid? Why?" Ravage asked. "Maybe cause they're weak. Let's just go find them and break their skulls in!" Nitro suggested.

"I don't know why they protected him. But I don't I trust them. They say they don't want to fight, but I'm going back there and ending this." Phantom said. "Hold that thought, Phantom. I think I have an idea..." Knight said as he looked at Phantom while Star took Danny up in her arms. "Like what?" Phantom asked.

ICE CITY MALL.

"Vaggie? What do you see?" Charlie asked from behind Vaggie as she watched the snowy buildings through a snow covered window. "There's mercenaries everywhere. Phantom probably called them here to surround the mall so we couldn't leave. And I couldn't stop him because he fuckin taser darted me- Stupid!" She growled as she hit the wall in rage.

"Vaggie, relax! Breathe. It's not your fault." Charlie said as she rested a hand on her shoulder. "I'm reacting too slow! Im not fighting hard enough... I won't let anyone hurt you. You're my best friend." Vaggie said as Charlie pulled her into a hug. "Don't worry, Vag. We'll be okay." Charlie said.

"GET OUT HERE!" Yelled a voice from the front of the mall as Charlie and Vaggie's eyes widened.

"You stay here. I'll-" "I'm coming with you." Charlie said with a smile.

ABOVE THE ICE CITY MALL.

"You sure you want all the war ship's guns trained on the mall? Overkill much?" Shatter asked as she sat in the command seat of the war ship as she sharpened her titanium black twin sai daggers. "Ain't no such thing. Just keep an eye out Incase we need you." Phantom said. "As you say, Boss.~" Shatter smirked.

ENTRANCE OF THE ICE CITY MALL.

"There..." Vaggie said as she and Charlie had made it to the front doors of the mall as they saw one of The Dark Core leaders in the snow as a large black war ship was flying miles high in the sky above him. And it was The Phantom.

"You!" He said as he lifted his right arm up and rested it on the red blade of his axe's head that was sheathed to his waist. "What do you want!?" Vaggie demanded, her spear held tightly in her hands.

"We need to talk! Now!" He said as red lightning momentarily appeared in his left hand. "We can't trust him." Vaggie said to Charlie. "Well..." Charlie said. "Oh No! NO!" Vaggie said as Charlie got a nervous look on her face.

"Vaggie, listen! Look at that ship! If he wanted us dead, he could've easily killed us earlier. He could've had that ship bomb us. He could've had those mercenaries around us finish us off. Maybe we should listen. Just for now... something happens later, we deal with it." Charlie said. "Are you sure about this?..." Vaggie asked. "I'm sure. But... just keep an eye out." She said as they both looked at Phantom.

"Alright, we'll talk! Just leave the sword! We've seen what it does!" Vaggie order. "Fair enough!" Phantom said as he drew his sword and imbedded the blade into the ground. "You actually think I need the sword to kill you? Hmph. Cute." Phantom thought to himself. "You've seen only a fraction of what my blade and I can do..." Phantom said as he walked to the door of the mall.