Part 14. Assassination Attempt.

"Perhaps it was! Testing Nitro's worth! Well then, Phantom. I say that this fight was quite the spectacle. And it looks like more company has arrived down there. Shall we join them?" Alastor asked as a Dark Core vehicle pulled up to Vaggie, Loona, and Millie at the time square area as Phantom looked out at the other tall skyscrapers, his eyes darting from window to window.

"What are you looking at, might I ask?" Alastor asked as he walked to Phantom's side.

"Just... feel like I'm being watched..." he said as he shook his head free in annoyance as Alastor snapped another portal into existence.

ICE CITY TOWN SQUARE.

"So... you beat my bro, hmm?" Ravage asked as he stood in front of the black truck he drove in.

"Hell yeah! We're stronger than you think, right!?" Millie cheered with a smile.

"What's wrong? You wanna go next?" Loona asked with a smirk.

"I'm here to take you back to the tower. Let's go." Ravage said as he got into the driver seat.

"That was fun! Can't wait to see what else this universe has to offer!" Millie cheered once more as she and Loona got into the back seat.

"Whoa, hold on!" Ravage said as Vaggie grabbed the passenger side door handle. "What do you think you're doing, Hermoso?" Ravage asked.

"Getting in the car, you imbécil." Vaggie said annoyed as the door lock clicked. "I don't think so! You did the most damage to my boy! Like hell I'm driving you anywhere..." Ravage said as he drove the vehicle away, abandoning Vaggie in the snow.

"Fuckin Puta..." Vaggie said annoyed as a red portal opened in front of her.

"Such a good and charming man, that Ravage!" Alastor said as he strolled through the portal, cane spinning in hand as Phantom followed behind.

"What do you two want, Al?" Vaggie asked as the two came to a stop. "Oh, nothing! Just getting Phantom down here while I leave for some business! I'll be seeing you all again soon. Till then!" Alastor said as he vanished into red floating symbols.

"What business could you have? You've only been here for a few days..." Phantom and Vaggie thought together in sync as they looked at each other.

"Good job on Nitro. But he ain't gonna stop. You pissed him off. So watch your back." Phantom said as his car pulled up from around a building and parked in front of him.

"I'm going back to the tower." Phantom said as the top of the car opened and he climbed into the driver seat.

"Ahem!" Vaggie said as she crossed her arms. "What?" He asked. "I need a ride..." Vaggie said annoyed. "Hmm. Thanks, Derek..." Phantom sighed in annoyance.

"Get in."

LATER.

"So. Different from the last time we were alone." Vaggie said in a back seat as Phantom continued driving down ice covered roads.

"Last time we were alone, we tried to kill each other." Phantom said. "Yeah. Sorry about that..." Vaggie said, referring to their fight.

"Oh, so she can be nice?" Phantom said mockingly. "I can be nice to people who's nice back! I'm not the one who cut someone's arm off and just left them to bleed in the snow!" Vaggie growled.

"Well, that someone should've kept their guard up." Phantom said with a little laugh. "Whatever. I give up." Vaggie said as she stared out at the iced buildings.

But Phantom saw her face and couldn't help but feel a little bad. To him, he still didn't trust the demons, regardless of the universe of the origin. Just because Knight says that they're not a threat doesn't mean he had to trust them. But maybe he didn't need to be rude. He was letting his frustration of a case he was dealing with influence him.