Royal lily

(King Wilbur's Pov)

"More tea King Wilbur?" Espen asks me as we wait.

"No." 

They've been. Different lately. What am I thinking? They are just a butler I don't need to care about their life... Whatever. Espen has always been close with the royal family. They have always been here for me. No matter what they always have that same face though... A knock on the door disrupts my thoughts. Princess Hayden busts through the door. My fiancé. She has a long puffy dark blue dress. A few handmaids follow quickly after. It's almost as if she is sprinting toward me. I'm not scared of most things but that woman...That woman terrifies me. She leaps on me and kisses me. 

"Wilbur!" She hugs me tight.

"hm"

"Are we going to the ball tonight?" Hayden gets off me and dusts off her puffy dress.

"Sure..."

"Great! It's Crystal Cavern themed I'm getting the maids the cover the ballroom with Crystals and glass!" She smiles as her handmaids both turn to each other with sorrowful looks. She sighs.

"I'll see you there!" She calls to me spiriting off.

I stand up. Espen is close behind me. Maybe a walk will clear my mind.  Espen opens the large door to my study into the cold hallways. The paintings stare at me... The horrible nobility in their eyes glares at me judging me and my every move. I take a deep breath. I walk past them and farther into the hall. Thoughts run through my mind. They have been corrupting my mind. Telling me things. Horrible things... The fresh air will help me. Clear the thoughts away and leave a clean slate. 

As I open the doors to the courtyard a warm breeze hits me. The smell of fresh air and the sweet smell of flowers. It's comforting. I find a nice shady spot under a tree. I just lay there for a while. It's quite for once. Peaceful. 

A warm familiar voice calls my name. I turn around. The Courtyard is different. The flowers are different. A woman in a black and purple dress stands before me. It's no longer quiet. The voices scream in my ears. She dusts of my shirt and hugs me. Shes tired I can feel it in the way she hugs me. Still, I wish this moment would last forever. I can't help it. I don't know what happened, but I can feel the tears fall down my cheeks. 

"Wilbur..." She says looking at me whipping the tears away.

The voices are screaming in my head "Lies! Liar! WRONG"

"mother.." I mutter into her shoulder as I hold her tight...

If I let go.. She'll disappear.. I dont want her to disappear, I still need her..