Elderflower

(Editor Wilbur + Editor Crayons edits)

Espen lets go and offers Wilbur a spoon full of peanut butter batter. "Eat, King Wilbur," Espen says to me simply. 

"I'm currently not hungry, but thanks." I push the spoon away. 

"Eat please, your majesty." Espen shoves the spoon back towards Wilbur. 

"Fine." I groan taking a bite. 

"Good job," Espen says leaving the room.

 "Oh, they're still an ass," I mutter under my breath.

(Espen's POV)

 Well, I have to prepare the ballroom for the masquerade King Wilbur, and I was preparing the masquerade before he threw me in the dungeon. I stumble into a blonde girl. "Oh, Hello Lady Envy." I look down at her. 

"Hello again, Espen." She says with her usual tone. 

"May I see Wilbur? I'm here for the advertised masquerade." She says looking at her nails. 

"Yes, Lady Envy, He's in the study," I say grabbing a tray of drinks.

 "Thank you, Espen." she grins walking away to the study with her moody walk.

She says making around the castle. shes always been a fun kid. well I didnt talk to her much when we were kids, but I remember King Wilbur taking a fancy to her in his primary years.

 (Wilburs POV)

 I was sitting in my study as Envy came through the doors. "Hey Wilbs." She says to me with a wave and hushed tone, I wasn't sure if she was trying to be sexy or if she I was trying to be quiet.

 "Greetings and Salutations, what do you want?" I ask again playing with a chess piece in-between my finger and stirring the warm tea in my cup. 

"I just wanted to let you know that my band is going on tour around the kingdom." She smiles mischievously. 

"Okay, then leave and go on tour, Envy." I say not noticing her smile. 

"why of course my king" she grins smugly, leaving the room.

 "goodbye." I say quietly as she shuts the doors. I look back down at the tea glass looking at the reflection of myself in the jasmine tea.

 (Timeskip.) 

It was almost time for the masquerade party, and I noticed Espen taking a drink from one of the trays. Charles and I stand next to each other staring at Espen. "Thats quite odd, isn't it? Espen doesn't drink, do they?" I turn to Charles as I say this. 

"No, maybe they're just excited for the masquerade, I think." Charles replies. "they've been planning this for a while! and they told me how excited they were about it. well.. they said it was going to be a lot of work but there was a certain gleam in their eye y'know-"

I interrupt Charles before he can go on another half-minded rant... he means the best but for fucks sake. 

"Yeah, I suppose that makes since." I look back at Espen placing the empty cup on a random table and walking into the party. "Welp, I'm going to change and head in; Charles, are you going to wearing a mask?" I ask turning back to him.

 "Yeah, I suppose so." He replies. 

"Well, I won't see you then." There was my failed attempt at a joke. That Charles still most likely wouldn't have understood. I make my way up the stairs and put on my mask; after I had done this I went back down to the masquerade and walked down the stairs and took a seat at a table. I noticed Espen walking over to a few girls with a drink in their hand. "Hey ladies, how are you lovely ladies?" I see Espen lean over the girl's shoulder.

 "We are doing alright, how are you?" they giggle to each other whispering things into each other's ears about this brand-new flirty Espen. for a woman to say the least.

 I get up and grab Espen's shoulder. "Espen?" I say looking down at them. 

"Yes, what is it? Can't you tell I'm in the middle of something?" Espen snaps.

 "Table 2 needs refills?" I say as an excuse. 

"God, can't you tell them to fucking wait?" Espen pulls back and turns back to the girls.

That's quite strange; Number one Espen... isn't one for uh. women. and two they don't drink; three they don't curse... it's fine maybe they're trying something new. 

"Okay then." I walk back to my seat as someone rushes into the party. 

"My apologies King Wilbur I had duties to attend to-" I look at the white-haired valet in front of me with a white masquerade mask and them being around the same height as Espen... Oh. as I turn and look at the same person flirting with the girls and then it clicks. 

"ENVY!" I get up and rush over to the shapeshifted Envy by the girls. I grab her arm as she shapeshifts too normal. "What the fuck are you doing?" I grab her arm tightly.

 "Oh, but I think you know Wilb." She says simply as she pokes my nose. 

"Just leave." I let go of her arm.

 "Bye Wilbs." She winks as me as she throws her mask off and goes up the stairs before stopping at the door. "By the way Wilbur, don't fall asleep." She grins, a grin of pure chaos and she leaves after saying this. 

"What the fuck." I say before Tommy jumps over to me

 "WILBUR!" He says as the tiny golden blonde-haired boy yanks my dark green vest. 

"AA- what, what is it? What's wrong? Did anything happen?" I panic.

 "Nothing." Tommy grins hugging me. "I haven't seen you in a really really really long time! its like you disappeared! pop" he makes the best disappearing signal he can with his hands as he giggles. its one of those happy little kid giggles that fills you with so much nostalgia and euphoria.

This feels nice. Maybe just for one night and one night only I can finally actually have fun. no more Zephyrs, or keeping a kingdom up and running, and the worries about Envy are fit for tomorrow I suppose. Just for tonight I think we should enjoy ourselves.

I turn to see Espen being utterly destroyed by girls flirting with them because of what Envy did. I watch as Charles and his husband Leo dancing together, the strangely familiar pink haired mask person on the balcony staring down at the ball room floor, and finally Tommy. Tommy looked over at the ballroom fitted and decorated with sparkles and gems that must've taken hours to set up thanks to the staff and the help of Espen's leadership. 

So. As the king of Fantasia. I say, let us have some fun.