Myrtle

(Editor Crayons :D)

(Charles Pov)

I can barely stay awake. It's not like I'm tired of being a guard it's just boring. It's not like I hate working here I would do anything for the royals but I kind of wish something changed. Same people same ball same boring old castle. I mean my whole life was kind of like that so... I don't have one of those sad backstories I was just normal, I guess. I grew up as the oldest of 4 in a small house with a small shop. My father worked for the royal guard and my mother was a seamstress. Well, that was all in the past I'm here now as a guard with the boring job of waiting. I should stop complaining it's not the worst job. Not even close. Espen walks past me.

"Good morning" They smile.

"Morning Espen," I say with discontent in my voice.

"What's wrong?" Espen smiles.

"I'm just bored that's all." I sigh.

"You could help me get blood out of this shirt." Espen lifts up a shirt drenched in blood.

"Sure, how did that happen?" I asked.

"Let's just say King Wilbur got a little playful with a dagger." Espen sighs. Espen and I walk outside to the well. Espen puts the shirt in the bucket and lowers it down into the well's water.

"Espen, my fiancé Leo is coming to the castle...King Wilbur doesn't my visitors correct?"

"Not that I know of...Wait you have a fiancé?" Espen looks up almost dropping the rope holding the bucket.

"Yeah, I didn't tell you about Leo?"

"No, you didn't." Espen seems almost annoyed grabbing the shirt out of the bucket and wiping it with a cloth.

"Oh, well Leo is coming to the castle." I play with the grass. King Wilbur runs outside pulling his sleeves down.

"Espen!" Wilbur trips on a step.

"Shit!" he mumbles as he gets up.

"Anyways Espen." Wilbur laughed nervously.

"Yes, my King." Espen still sounded annoyed.

"I'm going to execute Hayden." he sounded joyful.

"Of course King Wilbur." Espen changes their mood.

"Doesn't mean I forgive you." Espen sits down looking up at Wilbur.

"Wait what- What did I do?" King Wilbur looks at me with fear in his eye.

"Her sister?" Espen continued scrubbing the shirt.

"I mean really her sister; Haven was your best option?" Espen scoffed.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Wilbur looked around him.

"Don't even with me." Espen looked up.

"How did you know anyways?" Wilbur looks over at Espen.

"Wilbur, who wakes you up every morning." Espen continues scrubbing.

"You..." Wilbur looks down at the ground.

"Yep." Espen smiles.

"You guys are a funky pair." I say looking at the both of them.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" Espen and Wilbur both yell at the same time.

"I don't know honestly." I still don't know what I meant by that. Wilbur walks back into the castle.

(Espen's Pov)

"A funky pair" sometimes Charles confuses me... That doesn't matter though. I still have so much work to do. I keep scrubbing at the shirt. Nothing works. Why couldn't a maid have helped me with this... Ah right Princess Hayden fired them all. I move my bag closer to Charles so I don't accidentally kick it. I don't think I can make it all come out but if we pair the white shirt with a dark black or red vest no one would know. I can feel Charles staring at me, so I look back at him.

"Do you need something?"

"What's this?" He says scooting over a book that feel out of my bag.

"It was a gift. Now I use it as a sketch book."

"You draw?" Charles says excited almost jumping up and down.

"...I think I hear King Wilbur calling me I'm going to go"

I grab my bag and my sketch book and dash inside.

(King Wilbur's Pov)

I sit in the study feet on my desk. I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in!"

A maid walks in which is remarkable knowing how many Maids she fired. She bows.

"My king the King and Queen from Storm isles wish to see you..." The Maid seems worried I don't know why though.

"Are they here now?"

"No but they will be arriving in a few days." Shes still bowing...

"Call in Espen for me."

"Of course, your majesty" The maid closes the door, and I can hear her running through the hallway.

(Espen's Pov)

I was sitting on the bench flipping through the pages of my book. When a maid comes running past me then she slows down and walks Infront of me. Shes sweating and panting.

"Espen... King Wilbur needs you" she says in-between breaths.

I assume something horrible has happened by the way that she ran to me, so I get up and sprint to the study. I run past Charles who almost topples over. When I make it to the door I knock.

"Come in!" I hear Wilbur yell.

"King Wilbur..." I bow to him a drop of sweat falls down my face.

"Espen..." He says motioning for me to come closer.

"Your Majesty what has happened?"

He sighs and looks at me hold his head.

"The King and Queen of Storm isles are coming." King Wilbur doesn't seem happy about this.