Rose

When you are little the world is so much brighter than when you look back from where you stand now, sometimes I like to think about where I was when I was 9 and I would sit next to my mother as she sewed. But that was forever ago and I'm now 19 standing next to the king ready to help him with any move. But remember it all starts the same and it will end the same.

"More tea king Wilbur?"

"Hm" As I pour him the glass of tea he sips and then looks up at me.

"Sugar?"

"So, are you trying to "sugar-coat" it now?" He chuckles and then looks me straight in the eye "So why didn't you tell me?"

"Pardon?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving" He sips his tea this time with a straight face

"Well um..."

"Well let's get ready then" He stands up and stretches.

"My royal that is not necessary"

"Nonsense it's been a while since I have gone to the kingdom" we walk down the hallway "It's been a while since we were kids, wasn't it... Remember the races we had" he laughs as he looks back to me "I bet I could beat you again" He pushes me to the floor and runs outside

I didn't care that he pushed me... It was nice how happy he was. As the doors to the outside walls open a breeze catches me. I move the hair from my face. I hear my name being called but not by anyone I recognize now it was.

"Espen wait up!" A young version of Wilbur stands a few feet away from me. He stares at me. His eyes are bright brown, innocent, and young.

"Wilbur! What are you looking at?" A young boy with fluffy white hair and purple eyes looks over at me.

"Nothing but I bet I can beat you to that tree!" He looks back and then sprints toward me. But he goes straight through me.

"Espen?" King Wilbur the older version grabs my shoulder.

"Yes, my royal."

"Come on." he smiled.

The carriage ride is mostly silent. Until we get there. After I and King Wilbur gets out a flood of guards step out.

"No need I will just be walking around" King Wilbur shoos them off with his hands

"But sir-" A guard tries to speak.

"That's an order." He glairs over at them and they all bow.

We both walk away. Civilians give us strange looks but we keep walking. Until I stop.

"Espen? Why did you stop?" Wilbur looks back at me

"We are here,"

(Editor Wilbur)

Wilbur nods and follows me into an old house.

"Espen, do you live here?" King Wilbur says more concerned than disappointed.

"Yes, my King, I do," I say quickly in response to Wilbur's question.

"Espen, would you like to move into one of the castle dorms?" Wilbur asked me.

"My King, what are you trying to say?" I laugh a little bit.

"I mean this place is falling apart Espen I don't think you'd be safe here," Wilbur says to me quite concerned.

"My King, I'm sure ill be fine." I nod at Wilbur.

"Okay then," Wilbur says quite unsure.

I and King Wilbur were walking out of the house talking and then suddenly Wilbur fell to his knees his hands holding his head up and the sound of heavy breathing a sniffling.