Ivy

(Wilburs Pov)

Its been quiet. I hate it. I fucking hate it. Espen is acting just like they did when they first became my valet. Like a frightened dog who at any move would be hit. I can't help but give in, and act apologetic like I stepped on the frightened dog's tail. I didn't know. I didn't mean for the outburst. I do think I'm still right. Espen's father has a right to see them... They have a father who worked to change for them. They should at least give him the time of day.

While I'm working in the office the air is thick enough to cut with tension. I can't take it anymore I snap.

"Why haven't... we have been talking Espen..?" I ask looking up at them as they stand beside me waiting to help my every need even if I've said over and over were equal.

"I don't know." their response is cold and bland they have the same blank expression

"You're mad at me..?"

"Your majesty I assure you I'm not." They say with a poker face. Their white hair is tucked carefully behind their ears.

"You're lying!" My voice comes out a bit too loud. I take a deep breath trying to calm down. Espen's arm twitches

"My apologies your majesty." Espen's eyes are glued straight ahead not looking at me just straight ahead.

My chest rises and falls. Once just this one time I want to keep in my anger. I don't need to be mad over anything it's just... infuriating. I don't want Espen to have to walk on eggshells around me. They don't deserve that. I stand up carefully folding my glasses and putting them in my coat pocket and rub my temples with one hand.