003

the boys went silent as they saw the look on hyunjin's face as he saw what was on the news. their hearts broke instantly when hyunjin started to have tears rolling down his eyes.

"hyunjin calm down.." changbin spoke, getting off the couch and going towards the boy.

"c-calm down? how could i possibly calm down in a situation like this?!" hyunjin shouted angrily.

"hyunjin.."

the boy wiped his tears aggressively and sniffled, "this is not how i wanted my senior year to start off with! it's only been a year! how could he possibly break out already?"

changbin tried leaning in for a hug but hyunjin refused, "don't touch me."

"trust me hyunjin, he won't get anywhere near you. i promise." minho said in a soft tone, trying to calm the other down but it wouldn't work.

"promises are just words. i don't believe in them anymore." hyunjin mumbled out before storming up the stairs into a room.

the others stayed silent for a bit. they knew how hyunjin felt after they saw what was on the news. his father broke out of jail and who knows what that man could be up to.

jeongin let out a sigh, "we're not gonna be repeating what happened last year."

"we're seniors now, it's our last year in high school. we have grades to care about."

minho rolled his eyes, "as long as we have a high C we're good."

"as long as we have a high C we're good." jeongin mocked, "let's just try to not get into another life-death situation and try not to get stabbed again."

"are you talking about me? because you also got stabbed." minho choked out with a scoff.

jeongin sarcastically just rolled his eyes.

;

tears dropped down his cheek as he stared at his phone. his vision became blurry after some while, and he only noticed after a few seconds.

hyunjin wiped his tears and breathed out heavily, "what a fucking maniac."

the boy threw his phone across the room, not caring if he shattered the screen or not. his mind was blank, and the thought of his lunatic father breaking out of jail, being completely loose, terrified him.

hyunjin let out a sigh as he got up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom. he locked the door, making sure no one else could come in.

he grabbed a razor blade and lifted up his shirt slightly, revealing old scars.

he breathed in heavily and breathed out shakily as he gulped.

one cut.

two cuts.

three cuts.

he grabbed his towel quickly and put it over his stomach, stopping the blood to drip down his body. just then, he jumped from the sudden sound of the door knocking.

"hyunjin? are you in there? i need to use the bathroom." felix spoke out, forehead resting against the door.

the other quickly washed the razor blade and folded his towel in a specific way so no blood was shown and unlocked the door.

"sorry, i was just washing my hands." hyunjin chuckled nervously, but he saw the way felix was looking at him.

"do you need to wash that?" felix asks, eyeing down the towel hyunjin had in his hand.

"this? oh, yeah. but don't worry, i can wash it myself." hyunjin reassured with a smile and was about to leave but felix spoke out to him again.

"by the way, are you...okay? after seeing the news, i just wanted to..you know."

the boy looked back at felix for a second, "i'm fine." he replied with a smile before leaving.

;

seungmin sighed, "well what are we supposed to do? if he's out he's out, there's nothing we can do other than be worried about hyunjin."

chan sucked on his own teeth, "we promised him he'd be safe with us and we have to live up to that."

jisung grumbled, "so you want us to put our own life on the line just to protect hyunjin?"

chan gave jisung a confused look before nodding, "why are you talking like you don't want to protect him?"

the boy shrugged, "i do, it's just i'm not gonna protect him to the point i'll end up dying for him. not to be selfish or anything, but i think it's kind of dumb if you would take a bullet for him."

seungmin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "are you okay, jisung? why do you suddenly feel like this now?"

"i'm completely fine—i would obviously still protect hyunjin, of course. he's cute and all but come on, dying for him? too much."

"don't stoop so low, jisung."

the squirrel-faced boy lifted his eyebrows, "don't stoop so low? i should be saying that to you guys! why would you sacrifice yourself for him? i mean—"

"we love him."