T W E N T Y - O N E

I did start living in a dormitory room for which I don't have to pay much but a job...

I couldn't find any. Without even interviewing, I was rejected almost everywhere.

All because I was involved with a mafia company before.

It has been five days.

"God, I'd rather die than live like this. What wrong did I ever do to be in this situation?" You cribbed as your nails stabbed your palm.

-

As you stood outside Jungkook's office, you sighed gathering your courage to enter in.

"Oh hey, good you're here. Get coffee in, Mr. Park is here as well," Yoongi beamed and quickly rushed to Jungkook's cabin.

Why'd he treated you as if nothing happened?

Preparing coffee exactly the way he likes, you entered his cabin.

He didn't spare a glance at you.

You kept it on his table and left silently.

-

"So are you in love or what is it?" Mr. Park raised his brows as he gazed at Jungkook being stressed and zoned out for the past few days.

Jungkook's lip curled up as Mr. Park studied his uneasiness.

"Feels like the woman is giving you a hard time!" Mr. Park smiled sipping on his coffee.

"Emotions don't go well with me Boss," Jungkook casually answered.

The minute Jungkook gazed out, he saw you giggling with Jack, the new employee.

Jungkook gritted his teeth as his fists balled.

Mr. Park cleared his throat.

"I can see that," Mr. Park said taking a leave.

"Yoongi take care of him and that girl, something feels off," Mr. Park whispered to Yoongi as he left off.

-

Jack, who you meet a minute ago turns out to be nice.

You needed a friend.

You laughed at those little jokes that he cracked as you cleared up the place after getting done for the day.

Jungkook didn't speak to you at all, your existence to him didn't matter.

Meeting him, the kiss, it all feels like an illusion.

-

A week later, like every other day, you walked into Jungkook's cabin to keep his lunch when Jack peeked in just to say, "You up for drinks tonight?"

Jungkook's eyes swept at Jack, to you, and back to his laptop screen.

"Shit," Jackson mouthed as he apologized to Jungkook for not noticing him.

"S-Sure," You hesitantly replied as Jackson quickly left.

Jungkook had been unexpectedly silent. You wanted a reaction from him after that night.