Chapter 2: The Incident

I was a little kid, not really sure how old, sitting on the couch waiting for my dad to be down to go to work at Nintendo. As I was waiting I found his jacket sitting in a closet. I was a kid so I decided to put it on. I saw him walking down while looking at me. "Oh hey Blair!" He said to me while walking around looking for something. "Hey dad! Look I'm just like you!!" I said while running up to him while I wore his jacket that was covering pretty much my whole body. "Sneaky little kid, give back the jacket" he said while snickering a bit. "Fineee...hehehe" I said. "Actually, I got something just for you." He replied. "Really?? What is it? Tell me!!" My dad didn't usually get me things so this was special for me. He always pretty much came to me for help. So it felt like he was trying to cover up the fact that he made me so I could be a little assistant to him. But that didn't matter since I tried to tell myself otherwise. "Here ya go! It's a jacket just like mine, happy birthday kiddo." "Thanks dad!!" I loved his jacket when I was younger. It always stood out. Even when I saw other jackets that looked like his they weren't the same. It was his that stood out to me. And that jacket that was from him too. Everything from him felt like it was genuine. "No problem kiddo. I gotta tell you something though." "What is it?" "Don't let people tell you what to do. It can get you nowhere. Take your own steps and learn by yourself. You gotta know that people are on this world. Not their own. And ya know who's world it is." He says sarcastically. "Yes dad. Your world. Your rules." "That's right. Now I gotta go I don't wanna be late. Love ya." "Bye dad love you too!" After he left, I thought about what he told me. "Don't let people tell me what to do?" I thought. "What does he mean by that?" It was pretty much out of nowhere with no context whatsoever. I was a bit confused. I decided to go up to my room to do some school work and since I took coding classes. I also liked to think. I loved to just lay down and think about random things all day. I was laying down on the ground of my bedroom thinking about my dad. Trying to guess what he was doing. I was also thinking about the company and what Nintendo was working on. I heard about them working on a new console called the Wii. It sounded like any other stupid game console at first but when I researched more about it it sounded pretty cool. Instead of using a controller you would use a remote looking device and it would be censor based. I thought a bit on how it could be made that way and I thought it was pretty impressive. "Oh shoot" I checked my battery and saw I was about to pass out again. I grabbed my battery pack and laid my head against it for a minute. I always need my battery pack with me because at anytime I could randomly pass out because I don't have enough energy. It usually takes me about 10 minutes to fully charge. Not too long though. After that I got up but for some reason I had this gut feeling something was wrong. You know that stab you just randomly feel when you get anxious about something? That. I didn't know what I could be worried about but I tried to stay calm so it doesn't hurt more. But then a few minutes later I felt this pain in my knees. My legs we're getting weaker and weaker every second. I felt like I was passing out. But I knew I couldn't be because I was charging myself just a few minutes ago. I was panicking as I fell to the floor. A few seconds later it stopped. I then kept thinking "what was that? Why did it happen? How could it happen?" I liked asking questions but now it felt uncomfortable. Then all of a sudden, I got this stabbing pain in my neck. It hurt so much I tried screaming but nothing would come out. It felt like my head was getting chopped off. It felt like it was clawing at my throat. This stinging, itching sensation continued for about 30 seconds until I fell down and passed out.
********************************************I opened my eyes but it was nothing. It was somewhere that didn't have a color. Not black, just nothingness. I couldn't see anything. I felt numb. I couldn't feel my body. I felt like I was floating I tried speaking but nothing came out of my mouth. I was confused and terrified I looked over to my left and saw...my dad...he was floating next to me. He looked like he was confused, scared, and angry at the same time. He tried speaking. "That bastard!!" He looked like he mouthed those words but he couldn't talk. He then looked at me with a shocked expression and smiled as tears went down from his eyes. I was scared out of my mind. I started shaking and felt my eyes getting wet. As he looked at me all I could hear was his whisper... "...see you on the other side kiddo..." I saw darkness swallow him as he faded away. I tried to grab him but it was too late. I then started hearing voices. They kept repeating the same phrase over and over... "you are not done yet" as I heard them getting louder and louder. I felt darkness grab me with its cold dark hands and pull me down. I couldn't even say a word, it went so fast...
I woke up, extremely exhausted and confused. It took me a second to realize what happened. I was panting. "...I-It was just a nightmare...I'm fine..." I thought. But then I thought about earlier before that. I then realized and was extremely confused and overwhelmed. I thought maybe something was wrong with my battery or maybe a magnet got stuck to me on accident but magnets don't hurt that bad. They do hurt but they felt more like pinching than stabbing. So I thought maybe my battery pack was messed up. "Maybe I should tell dad when he gets home." I thought. I then decided to think a bit more while pacing back and forth in a hallway. I was thinking about what could be wrong. I decided to stop thinking about it and just leave it to let my dad look at it. I was waiting for him to get home while I was tapping on the metal parts of my arms. I like to fidget that way sometimes. I checked the time. "6:30?! He was supposed to be here like an hour ago..." I sat in silence for a moment. I was worried a lot. I waited longer. More than 30 minutes passed and he still wasn't home. I waited longer sinking in my thoughts then zoned back in. "8 PM?? It's been 2 hours! Maybe even longer!" I was extremely worried. I didn't know what to do. I tried calling him on the house phone, it went straight to voicemail. I didn't know what to do. I decided to go up and do my classes to get my mind off it trying not to think about when I felt like I was getting dismembered on the spot, that my dad wasn't coming home, and that terrifying nightmare I had. Days passed. I was still homeschooled and taking classes. He never came home. I felt extremely uncomfortable and scared. I had to live by myself. It's like he just...went missing. Years have now gone by and I got a knock at my door. I didn't know who it was but I opened the door. There was a man standing there. "Hey...is it ok if I ask who you are?" I questioned. He had dark brown straight hair a green eyes. He kinda looked close to my dad. He wore a white button up with a red tie and black pants. "It's best if you don't know who I am. Let's just keep it this way..." he said. He handed me a newspaper and quickly walked away. "Hey I didn't even get your name- fuck." "Whatever, I guess I'll just read this." I said to myself. I closed the door and sat down on my couch and started reading. I was just gazing over everything until I came to a paragraph that caught my attention. "One month later, no resolution to the Nintendo missing person case." I looked at the paper a bit more, it was about my dad. there was a sketch of him too. While reading, my heart stopped as I read. "law enforcement believes Sanders to be deceased." my eyes widened and I froze. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't speak. I felt like crying but no tears came out so I stared at the newspaper as my heart shattered into a million pieces. I ran up to my room. I then started sobbing. I cried every night. now I realized...he's gone. I'm by myself. Yes, I could make choices of my own. But I still felt upset. I wanted to just burn all of the thoughts that reminded me of my dads death. I walked over to my dad's room and looked in one of his drawers. I grabbed a pocket knife and dragged it against the wall, causing a massive mark to appear. I felt like breaking something. I grabbed the newspaper and tore it in half. If I had to be torn apart, then it should too.