Chapter 15: Partial Past

⚠️WARNING⚠️
This chapter contains mentions of child abuse
********************************************
I decided to talk to Alona cuz I was still confused on why Henry killed my dad. I wanted to know more about Henry and his relationship with Alona. I walked up to her. "Hey, I wanted to speak with you about your dad. Not anything bad, I promise." I assured. "Henry? Well, he isn't really my dad actually. He's my adoptive dad. I'm not sure what happened to my real parents. All I remember is a small bit. I was about...9? I think...I was given ECT. They said parents thought I was insane...because of my lack of understanding social cues. Not just that but how it would be hard for me to talk. I was nonverbal. I then was adopted by Henry..he was really sweet. He was always gentle and patient with me. Sometimes I can remember his voice...him singing to me while he runs his fingers through my hair.." She said. Woah. This is a lot. I mean, she was given ECT at 9 years old? Jeez..I guess Henry doesn't seem so horrible after all. "He also said that his parents abused him. That his dad was mean, and his mom was nice." Henry actually had abusive parents? I can't even imagine how much he went through. "Wow...I guess I was wrong about him this whole time...I'm sorry Alona...for you and Henry. I shouldn't have been so harsh on you two. I'm sorry." I didn't realize how much they went through. I didn't care. I was being selfish. "You're fine. It's not your fault." She said to me. "Well uh, quick question, might not be a quick conversation. Do you know why Henry killed my dad?" I asked her awkwardly. She went silent for a minute. "Well...no..actually. I didn't even know my dad killed someone until you brought it up in that fight we had." She explained. She didn't even know that Henry killed my dad until I brought it up. Of course I had to break her heart. She must've felt horrible when I said that. I shouldn't have been so selfish and stupid. "I got made fun of a lot. People would always call me a psycho. I can't even go to school without knowing some people are just waiting there to harass me. Some group of girls thought it would be funny to start making fun of me because I was 'insane' like my dad. Yes...my dad did kill yours. But he didn't want to. He would never even want to lay a hand on someone. He was extremely soft hearted. He could never even fight someone. He would start crying as soon as it got to the point of negative remarks." I was even more shocked by this response. Henry was sensitive? He wouldn't want to hurt someone? "Well if that's the case than how did he kill my dad? Not trying to say you're wrong obviously, just asking." I asked her. "It's like the whole 'quiet until they snap' sorta type deal- actually nevermind." June said from across the room like she was listening the whole time. "That sounds really stereotypical." Nathan replied. "It's called personality disorders, sweetheart." June said sarcastically while patting Nathan on the head. "Hmm I guess that makes more sense." I answered. "Anyways, these girls continued to do this over and over. I was tired of it...so.." Alona's voice trailed off. "What? What happened?" I was curious to know what she did. "I..hurt them...they were..hospitalized. Thank god I didn't kill them.." I was surprised. Alona hospitalized some kids? Damn, I knew I shouldn't have got on this girl's bad side. To be fair she did basically cut my face open since I was against Henry. To be honest, I can't be mad at her about it either. "I did try standing up to Will and his friends...I almost hurt them..however they were much stronger than mii I guess...I got multiple scars from them. One of which I still have. It's a bit faint but it kind of looks like yours, Blair. They also cut my hair too..that's why it's so short now." Holy shit those kids were ruthless. "Alona, I'm just gonna say this but I promise you those little dumb fucks are not stronger than you. But I'm sorry that happened to you." I stated. "Wow, you must be a lot like your dad, huh?" June added. "Uh didn't she literally just confess about how she hospitalized like 3 people?!" Kyle shouted. "Ugh, like we didn't just have our friend go insane and almost kill us all, you really got a mouth." June teased. "H-hey I didn't go insane!! I-..." "Iris, it's fine. I promise." Kassie put her hand on Iris's shoulder. "Listen, I just know that this whole thing is getting worse and worse every day. This is a chain reaction that goes on forever, and we are the only ones who can stop it. All we need is to find my dad, maybe we might find Alona's dad too." I explained. "How though? I don't even know what happened to him after he-" "Shut up, cuz I know exactly what happened to him."