Chapter 10: I Am Not Like Him

When I heard her whisper that, my heart sank. My eyes widened. As I slowly looked over at her. "Tch...haha...did you think I couldn't hear ya? Did I hear the name...Henry Morris come out of your mouth?" Alona looked at me frightened. "Y-yes?..." "did you say he was your...dad?" I then questioned again. "Mhm..." she looked uncomfortable. I didn't want to make her feel that way but I couldn't really tell. I walked up to her and grabbed her by the collar. "Listen, I know what your father did to mine. He killed him. He's dead. Gone. Never to be seen again, and I won't let you do the same to me god damn it." I said while I pointed a fist at her. "Now get on your knees dipshit." I said as I looked her in the eyes. "...I never said I would..." she faintly whispered. "What was that bastard?" I asked seriously. "I said I never said I would." She then looked me in the eyes and grabbed a small knife and started trying to stab me with it. "Tch, ya thought a small knife could hurt me?" She was inching the knife towards my chest. "You won't kill me, just admit it already." She didn't pull away. "I know you're dad tried to hurt him right after, I know he did way worse. I'll make you feel what your dad went through." She said as she then got the knife closer to my face. "It's not gonna happen. I won't make the same mistake he did. I am not like him!-" I yelled but was interrupted as she scraped the knife along my face, leaving a scar. I pulled away grabbing the side of my face. Though there was no blood it felt like I was bleeding. We stared at each other in silence for a few seconds and I then spoke. "You really are like your dad huh?" "That shouldn't be a negative statement." She said quietly as she clenched her fist with the knife in it. "Tch, yeah right." I muttered as I walked away to find everyone. I went to Sam and Kyle since I saw them first. "We've got to go." Sam said in a serious tone. "Right now." Kyle finished Sam's statement. I followed them and we found Kassie, June, and Nathan. "Alright, let's get to my house before any other shit happens." I said as we walked over to a vacant car. "...Dad?!" Kassie yelped. I looked over and saw the same guy that witnessed my dad's death. "K-Kassie?!" He yelled as Kassie ran over to him as he was hiding behind the car and crouched down to hug him. "Why are you here?" Kassie asked. "I heard something happened at your school so I had to get here as quick as possible." He stated. He then noticed me and stared at me for several seconds. "A-are you h-his daughter?" He questioned. I raised an eyebrow while looking down at him. "Who?"  I asked confused. "Austin Sanders?" "Yup...that's him, why are you asking?" I wondered. "He died years ago..." he told me. "Trust me, I know. Are you Mike Scottsville?" I asked. "Yes, that's me." He answered. "So what are you hiding from anyway?" Kassie asked. "A-actually it's a who I am hiding from..." he said stuttering. "Huh?" "It's h-her..."