Chapter 7: It's All The Same

It's the next day and things are going well. I'm looking at news articles about my dad and how his employees reacted to it. I saw one of them and they were supposedly a suspect of the murder. His name was Henry Morris. Then he mysteriously died after. I saw another, his name was Mike Scottsville. "Wait...that last name seems familiar..." I thought. Then I decided to ignore it. He's also the one who found my dad's body. I also heard about his manager, Todd Kennington. "That last name is familiar too..." I thought silently. I was also looking at another man, Johnathan Sanders. "That's my last name..." I asked myself. "So...Kyle is my cousin...and Austin is my dad...and my dad is Kyle's uncle...that would mean my dad's brother is Kyle's dad...and this guy's last name is Sanders so...is this Kyle's dad?...but that would also mean...he's my uncle..." Thinking about this was extremely overwhelming so I decided to take my mind off it for a bit. I was thinking about that nightmare I had...why would I have a nightmare like that?...then suddenly I felt a shocking sensation in my chest. It began to spread through my whole body. I felt like I was being electrocuted. It was like I was having a heart attack on the spot. It got worse and more painful every second. I then closed my eyes aggressively. Then opened them. I was in the same void I was in when I had that nightmare. This all felt the same. I saw this dark void and thought. Why am I here again. I was alone. Until I saw him. My dad. Austin. He was floating beside me. He didn't say the same thing though. When he looked at me, he was crying. "Why am I here?" I questioned. "Listen kiddo, I know it's hard to deal with this pain. But I'll see you again one day. You and me, against the people in my world..." he said to me as he smiled slightly. I looked at him confused. I then started tearing up. "Don't cry kiddo, you know I'll always come back. Even though I went through pain that can cause immediate death, I'll always be here. Waiting for you." Tears continued streaming from my eyes. He put his hand on my face wiping them away. "See ya soon kiddo." He said as he faded away. I couldn't say anything before I woke up in a panic while laying on the ground. "It happened...again..." I whispered to myself as I got back up. I was confused. I don't know how this is happening to me but I try to think about why and how. I thought how maybe it might be because he needs to contact me in someway and the only way he can is through dreams, or through the mind. But the thing is I don't have a mind. I'm a robot. I wonder how. Maybe he can shut me down somehow not to mention he was possessing a game console when he died so maybe he knows how to contact through technology. I always think about how smart he was especially with technology and code since he created me. What went through his head when he died? How did he know how to possess? Was it that easy? I guess he knows a lot...but not in the way I thought...