Chapter 16: Found to ROT

"Really?...well I guess this is up to you." Alona answered. "Well, about Thorn. Maybe we should talk to them tomorrow at school. It was pretty wild today though, I have a feeling that it's most likely not gonna be the same as before." I said. "I guess it's best if we just ignore the unnecessary questions about yesterday from other people...since reputation isn't our biggest concern.." Iris suggested. "Actually she's right, we'll just act like nothing happened." June agreed. "Well I guess that's our plan." I finished the conversation.
********************************************
It was the next day and we all walked into school. Nobody asked us anything surprisingly, but we did get a few dirty looks here and there. But that didn't matter. I knew Thorn was in my history class so I took a small piece of paper and wrote "meet us outside after school -anonymous" and put it on their desk. I saw them pick it up and put in their hoodie's pocket. After school, me, Sam, Kyle, Kassie, Iris, June, and Alona were waiting at the entrance. We soon saw Thorn walking out of the school towards us while tightening the strings of their hoodie till all you could see was their hair. "u-um...hi..who are you?..." They asked shyly in a muffled voice. "Wassup, the name is Blair. This is Sam, Alona, June, Kyle, Kassie, and Iris." "well...what did you want to talk to me about?..." they questioned quietly. "We have a problem." I stated seriously. "...and?" "Well for- Kyle what did you say the reasons wer-" "Trauma protecting reasons." "sureeee...those reasons, we're replacing names." This conversation was barely going anywhere. "So..the thing is my dad is d- missing!...And we need to find him. He's been missing for a long time now." I explained. "...your dad is m-missing?..I'm sorry that must be really hard to go through.." Thorn mumbled. "And- uh- his name is...David..not really since the whole- what was it call-" "Trauma protecting reasons." Kyle interrupted. "Ok calm down jackass. But yeah basically that's the thing." I said. "...are you sure?..i mean it looks like you have a pretty good group already...why do you need me?" I was scared of this question. I'm not just gonna tell them my dad is literally dead and possessing a Wii that they had years ago, they'll think I'm delusional. "Well-...it's about..the Wii that you have..." I was kinda nervous to explain this. Honestly I didn't even realize what I was saying. "the wii?...i don't have that anymore..i have no clue where it went..." Well fuck. I decided it's definitely not a good idea to just say 'well in that case I guess you can leave since you're basically useless.' Especially with a personality like Thorn's. Hey, is it weird if I say that they remind me of Iris in a way? No? Ok...maybe, just slightly, possibly Henry?... you know what, act like I didn't say that. "did...did kyle tell you about my experience with my own mii orrr...?" Thorn was hesitant. I thought I should act like I never had that conversation with Kyle about that last night. "Huh? What are you talking about?" I said in a confused tone. "n-nevermind it's probably stupid. sorry i can't help. i'm gonna go now. sorry for wasting your time...." They tried walking away. Obviously I wasn't gonna let them leave. We had to know more about this to actually know what we're doing in this insane situation. "Hey, c'mon please!!" I tried following them. "Blair...please just let them go.." Iris faintly spoke out. Thorn turned around. We all looked at Iris for a moment. "Iris, we need them. It's for the sake of my dad." I told her. "Yes...but pressuring people into this can be stressful..I know what it's like.." Iris explained. "actually...ok. i'll help you guys..." Thorn then agreed to helping us. "i mean...if you actually need me...i'll try. i don't know how much help i can be, though. literally all i know is the very minimal i heard the class that one day..." That one class? I was confused. "What class?" "you know...the one where sam talked about...the wii..and kyle was there too. I believe you were there also..." They pointed to Alona. "You saw me? So...we noticed each other?" Alona asked Thorn. "y-you saw me?..." Thorn stuttered. "Yeah..I noticed everything." Alona said. To my surprise Alona is actually really similar to me..huh. That's weird. "I mean, you could still help us, right?" I questioned. "...yes.." Thorn mumbled. "Alright, thanks a ton. But I do need to ask..what happened with the Wii that you had?"