Chapter 3: The New Start

I've changed. I'm not that vulnerable little kid I used to be. My dad said he loved kids because they were always kind and loving, but knew they would grow up to be like all of the rest of the world. I'm not sure if the same happened to me. I guess thats what it sounds like though. I thought homeschooling was boring. There was nobody to talk to. Just the same teachers all day. I went to a new school. Yes I know how to enroll into a new school. I'm a robot. I can gather information from anywhere. This school was different. I saw there weren't too many kids but not too little. It looked decent and I thought that it might be nicer there.
********************************************
It was my first day of school but it was like in the middle of the year for other people. I wasn't really thinking while enrolling. I wanted to change my outfit too since I haven't worn anything different for years. Don't comment on hygiene or whatever. I'm a robot remember? I put on my jacket as I walked out the door. I like to look outside and assume people's personalities by looking at them and how much I'd get along with them. I was looking and one caught my attention. It was a girl with brown hair up in a ponytail with a red hair tie. She had blue eyes and a white hoodie with gray sleeves and black leggings. She had white dirty sneakers on with dark blue details and light tan skin. She looked pretty chill and basic. I then saw another kid that was giving her a dirty look. It was a boy with messy hair that was brown and he had brown eyes. He was wearing a purple jacket with a white undershirt and black pants and had pretty much the same skin tone as the girl. He looked like an asshole honestly. I didn't wanna seem like I was watching her so I just entered the school like normal. It was ok but there was one thing that was really distracting me. There was this one girl, she had choppy, black locs with dark purple highlights. I wondered why her locs were so choppy though. She also had blue eyes. She had dark skin with light vitiligo marks. She wore big hoodies and baggy clothes a lot. She was very pretty honestly, but she would always look at me with a side eye and death stared me. She also would secretly look at me and peer around corners to look at me. Sorta stalking me. I'm not sure why and I don't even know who she is. She doesn't have a lot of friends and I know that there are bunch of nasty rumors about her. Her name was Alona. Maybe she thought I was someone else. Who knows. I walked into class and I had to introduce myself. God I hate doing this. There's not really anything interesting about me besides the fact that I'm a literal robot. "Hey my name is Blair Sanders. I like to code and read." I said. "You sound like a basic nerd." The boy I saw this morning called out. Instead of saying anything I looked at him with an annoyed expression. I liked to pay attention to the people around me. I would also pay attention to the girl with the ponytail I was talking about earlier. Apparently her name is Sam. People didn't really like her a lot nor talk to her either. But one day, I know one day she said something I won't forget. Our teacher Mr. Brenner was asking us what we did over the weekend and she said she "talked to a mii." I was confused. I heard about Mii's cuz they were little avatars people made on the Wii but she was talking to one? I didn't wanna embarrass her so I just stayed quiet acting like I didn't hear her. The whole class laughed except for me, Sam, and one other person...Alona. Alona looked up and her eyes widened. It looked like she wanted to say something but couldn't talk and froze out of fear. I was wondering what could've been going on in her head at that time. I was on my way to another class when I saw the same boy I saw this morning. His name was Will. He had friends who's names were Cooper and Dan. They stopped her and Will started talking to her. I couldn't tell what he was saying but I know he wasn't saying anything good. Then he grabbed her by the collar and asked "what did you say to me?" Sam stayed silent and walked away. "Yeah! Walk away! With your little mii friend!"
Will yelled in Sam's direction. I wanted to say something but I didn't wanna get involved with all of that. Next class was decent but behind me there were kids sticking magnets to my arms. "Blair did you know you're magnetic?? Your like some sort of metal robot!!" They snickered. "Gah!- that hurts! Also no I'm not." I told them. "I...I had surgery in my arms." I tried making up an excuse because obviously I'm not gonna tell people I'm a robot. That's the most stupid thing I could do. "Fine." They sat back in their seats. After class, Will and his little dumbass friend group came up to me. "Hey BlairBot!" "What did you just call me?" "BlairBot! It fits your metal arms!!" I turned around looked at him. "Don't call me that." I said sternly. "What was that BlairBot?" Will said in a sarcastic tone. I grabbed him by the collar. "I said don't call me that." I said to him seriously. Will looked into my eyes. He froze as I put him down. After school I saw him walking behind Sam. Like he was following her or something. I went home and felt honestly guilty. What was I thinking? He probably saw the cameras in my eyes. Now that gives him even more evidence that I'm a robot. Fuck.
********************************************The next day I woke up got ready. I went to school but it was different today. I was expecting Will to be there harassing some other people or Sam, but instead he was silent. He didn't talk to anyone and was extremely quiet today. He wasn't the usual bitch he was. He would look at Sam every once in awhile. I also wondered...did he follow Sam home and if so, what happened to him?
After that class there was a new kid. He came up to the front of the class and introduced himself. "Hello my name is Kyle...I didn't move anywhere I just moved schools because the one I was going to was pretty crappy." Mr. Brenner said his full name was "Kyle Sanders" that scared me a bit. "Isn't that my last name?" I thought. Maybe it was a coincidence cuz the last name "Sanders" is pretty common. At least I think. But after class on my way to Math when I saw Sam and Kyle talking together. I didn't wanna be in their business but I heard that they were talking about a Wii. I don't know what they were talking about but it was weird. It's just something about Sam and Nintendo. She's been associated with Wii's somehow so I thought...maybe Sam is linked to my dad's death in someway?