Chapter 9

Peter was escorted through the S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters by numerous armed agents. Peter turned to the room the agents pointed out, thanking them. He opened the door slightly and poked his head in, "Hello? Anybody here?" Ava sat up a little in her hospital bed, "Peter, is that you?" Peter walked into the room with a smile, warming Ava's heart. Peter sat down on the edge of her bed, leaned in and kissed her tenderly. She moaned when his tongue slipped into her mouth and fought for dominance with hers.

Ava pushed him back, a little out of breath," Don't get me riled up, I still need to heal." Peter groaned in disappointment and stood up, "Alright. How you holding up?" Ava shrugged, "I'm ok, but you were right; these things are itchy." Peter laughed, "I did tell not to get hurt anytime soon." His expression changed to a serious tone, "Why did you jump in front of me anyway?" Ava smiled at him, "I owed you my life.."

"But you could've gotten killed," Peter exclaimed, scaring Ava a little. She looked at him worried, "Peter I..." Peter's eyes watered up, "If you died, I don't know what I'd do. I love you too much for that to happen!" Ava cupped Peter's face, "Peter, I love you too, that's why I did it. I'll do anything for you." Peter sighed, calming down to Ava's caring touch and tone. She scooted over to let him lie next to her. They lied there and embraced each other, basking in their love. After a few hours, Peter heard Ava's steady breathing indicating that she was asleep.

Peter quietly rose from the bed and snuck out of the room. He closed the door behind him gently not to wake her up and walked into the command centre of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters. Peter smiled when he saw Nick Fury who was talking to an agent, "Yo Nick!" Fury turned to Peter to greet him, "Ah Spider-Man glad you're here, there's someone I want you to meet." Just then, a beautiful blonde woman walked into the room. She wear a black skin tight leotard that really showed off her large bust and alluring curves. "Spider-Man, meet Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Ms. Marvel," said Fury as he introduced the stunning blonde heroine.

Ms. Marvel stuck out her hand for Peter to shake it. Peter gave her a handshake, looking over the beautiful woman. Fury headed for the exit, "I'm assigning you to escort Ms. Marvel to the mansion." Peter's heart started to race, he got to be with this hottie longer! Peter gave Fury a mock salute.

Peter and Ms. Marvel flew high over the streets of New York City. Peter was lucky that his spider sense automatically told him where to shoot his webs because he was paying attention in the slightest. His eyes were glued to Ms. Marvel's plump butt. He felt a tingling in the back of his head but he didn't care, he was busy watching Ms. Marvel. He was ripped out of his thoughts when he saw her disappear with her supersonic speed. Suddenly, he felt a strong hand yank him down. Peter fell to the ground with a thud and was surprised when he saw Ms. Marvel standing over him.

"I'm pretty sure that'll keep you from staring at my ass," She growled as she glared down at him. "Uh, sorry," Peter apologized, blushing under his mask. "I don't even why they made you an Avenger," Ms. Marvel said walking away. "What do you mean? I'm more than qualified to be an Avenger," Peter exclaimed offended. "You're immature, unruly and untrained, I've seen your files, you're too reckless," Ms. Marvel ranted. Peter looked down in shame, was he really not fit to be an Avenger?

Peter stood up and swung away, allowing Ms. Marvel to fly behind him to the mansion.

~~~ Later At The Avengers Mansion ~~~

Ms. Marvel walked into the lounge where she saw Natasha, Wasp and She Hulk laughing. "Are you serious, you caught him yanking it," Natasha asked Wasp laughing. "Yep, for the one hundred fifty-second time," Wasp answered, joining her friends in hearty laughter. "Who are you talking about," Ms. Marvel asked, sitting next to Natasha. "One of the guys here," answered She Hulk with a smirk. Ms. Marvel pondered over the vague answer, who could they be talking about?